• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Velos or saker k

Simonsza1

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Okay so here’s my situation. Buying two silencerco cans. Made a post a few weeks back about the 22 lr stuff and have settled on the switchback. Now I was dead set on the Velos lbp but have since learned after talking to silencerco a few things so I’m torn. The Velos is there new can and low back pressure so that’s cool but that’s about where it stops it seems. The saker K is 3oz lighter, 1” shorter, 1db quieter and according to silencerco a little better at signature reduction. These are confirmed weights and measurements both having the mount installed. All things tell me the saker but wanted to see what you all thought. Will be dedicated 5.56 from 7.5” to 16.5” all piston driven rifles. Okay now let me have it, which one and why and yes silencerco is the only choice. Thanks

Lmao at SilencerCo releasing a low backpressure can that should be a substantial step up in at ear performance vs the saker and only posting muzzle data.

I don't have experience with it, most probably won't as it's so new. It's intent is to reduce blowback and be quieter to the shooter vs their other offerings.

So would you rather have a lighter, shorter can with better muzzle performance and higher backpressure or a longer heavier with less backpressure that should be quieter to you the shooter.

Does flash performance matter? Some flow through/low backpressure designs are a bit flashy. Although the K might not be great either. I haven't shot one at night.

As a side note my personal belief is that manufacturers single db numbers are largely meaningless. Even more so not listing the host, barrel length, ammo, etc. Regardless it is in no way representative of the objective loudness to you as a shooter.

What made you land on silencerco especially for a 556 can? I have 15 or 16 cans total 3 of which are sicos, my saker is 2nd to least favorite next to my AAC SDN6. Nearly every other company does it better than silencerco. The original octanes and ospreys came out probably close to a decade ago? They recently released 2.0 versions that are internally identical to the originals, I have an octane 45 and it wasn’t a decade ahead of its time when I got it. They couldn’t have improved on anything at all internally?

All they have any more are old designs they’re still trying to sell and trash gimmick do all cans. The only thing they offer that’s worth a shit is the omega but it’s not even great any more with the other options out there.

If I was going to have 1 can for ARs and bolt guns it’d hands down be the CGS Helios QD Ti or tbac dominus in close second, (I have both) I like the Helios so much I bought a second one. Used it all deer season on my hunting rifle and now it’s on an untuned 16” 556 AR coyote gun. Even standing directly to the right while someone else shoots it it’s the quietest can I’ve ever heard on an AR, might even be able to make it a little better with some buffer tuning.

Thanks for the replies so far. Ya stuck on silencerco for this purchase do too the deal I’m involved with. I already own quite a few other cans as well, including a dominus and he’ll ya I love that thing. I think it was well put above would I rather have lighter shorter quieter and less signature. That answer is yes which has me leaning towards the sakerk.