• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vendor recommendation for scope purchase

Thumper580

Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2013
Mechanicsville, VA
I just built a AR10 in .308. All Aero Precision with a 18" Ballistic Advantage premium barrel.
I want a short scope with some power.... Looking at the Eotech Vudu 5-25 (11.2") or the Leupold Mark 5 HD 3.6-18 (12").
What hide vendor can help best with pricing? Thanks.

I just built a AR10 in .308. All Aero Precision with a 18" Ballistic Advantage premium barrel.
I want a short scope with some power.... Looking at the Eotech Vudu 5-25 (11.2") or the Leupold Mark 5 HD 3.6-18 (12").
Liberty Optics.

Just kidding. Steer VERY clear of them/him....... :eek:

If you have LE/FR/MIL/Vet creds, you can get big discounts on their scopes and stuff. But you might have to call them to get that setup.

New Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50 is only 13.4" length, and is a great scope. I have a 6-36x56 version. Really solid scope and glass.

If money's not an issue, I have one of these as well (on my main hunting rifle) and can highly recommend it... It's SUPER short at only 12.3" long.

Middle of the road option that's a solid scope... Burris XTR-III 3.3-18x50 SCR 2. It's only 13.3" long, great scopes, excellent glass for it's price range.

Last edited:
If you are mil/vet/le Expertvoice's price on Eotech is the way. Leupold has an in-house VIP program which also has great pricing but you might have to be patient for the reticle you want to be "in stock".

Have purchased from CS Tactical,Camera Land and Sport Optics and have been happy with all of them.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
Sorta started this thread because of your post.
Charlie's custom clones @longshot2000 works with both of those brands. Cstactical @CSTactical and cameralandny @gr8fuldoug both have leupold.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical