• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing VENISON& BBQ RECIPES...

jackdaddy

Minuteman
Mar 18, 2010
Stover, MO
Lets get your best recipes for venison and all around bbq... this is how men share recipes haha.

Re: VENISON& BBQ RECIPES...

slice backstrap up as if you were going to fry it. then season the pieces up, take a piece of jalepeno and lay it in the middle. then wrap the meat around the jalepeno. then wrap 1/2 a slice of bacon around the meat and you can either secure with tooth picks or on a shish kabob rod. then grill em up. MMM MMM

Slice your deer steak up into 1/2"---3/4" chunks(like stew meat). Brown the chunks in just a bit of olive oil. Salt and pepper while browning. After browning turn heat down and allow chunks to cook thoroughly. Total time should be about 8 minutes. Then turn heat down to simmer.

Add 1 can of green beans. I small can of "peas and carrots". 1 can sliced cooked potatoes, Any other vegetable that you like. I also add some sauteed mushrooms. Then add 1 can of mushroom soup, mixed with about 1/3 can of milk. Stir thoroughly and allow to heat. As soon as it is hot it is ready to serve. It is also very good over rice or wide egg noodles. Fast 15 minute meal that is unbelievably good. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">slice backstrap up as if you were going to fry it. then season the pieces up, take a piece of jalepeno and lay it in the middle. then wrap the meat around the jalepeno. then wrap 1/2 a slice of bacon around the meat and you can either secure with tooth picks or on a shish kabob rod. then grill em up. MMM MMM </div></div>

Same Idea, But I marinade them first in Lawyres steak and chop over night. them wrap the meat around a piece of onion instead of jalepeno. Wrap in bacon and your good to go with bite size pieces of heaven.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willys46</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">slice backstrap up as if you were going to fry it. then season the pieces up, take a piece of jalepeno and lay it in the middle. then wrap the meat around the jalepeno. then wrap 1/2 a slice of bacon around the meat and you can either secure with tooth picks or on a shish kabob rod. then grill em up. MMM MMM </div></div>

Same Idea, But I marinade them first in Lawyres steak and chop over night. them wrap the meat around a piece of onion instead of jalepeno. Wrap in bacon and your good to go with bite size pieces of heaven.

</div></div>

Thanks for posting, I never thought about trying it with onion but I love onions, I am definitely going to have to try that.
Thanks again

Man, that sounds good. I'll give away my favorite venison cooking techniques. I cut the backstrap into small steaks, and put garlic powder, salt and pepper on it. Then I'll marinate them in italian dressing (normally Zesty Itailian) with a little red and sherry cooking wine. The cooking wine gives it a good flavor. I'll marinate in a Food Saver vaccum sealer container. Then grill on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes a side. Sometimes I'll wrap them in bacon, too.

Try the bacon wraps, marinate in Zesty Italian and Moore's. Wrap meat around onion, banana pepper, pineapple. Then in bacon. Grill until bacon is half done and then......nom nom nom

The sweet of the pineapple with the spicy of the banana peppers is awesome.

Eddie

all of those sound really good im gonna have to try them all well thats if i get a tag filled this year..

My favorite-

Take complete backstrap, clean off all silver skin. Marinade cleaned backstrap in worscheschire sauce, and a little soy sauce. I like to add a some seasoning salt and some pepper.

I like to leave the backstrap in the marinade for 3-5 days.

After marinading, I butterfly the backstrap. Then line the butterfly cut with sliced green peppers, onions, and some jalapenos. Dont throw away the marinade.....

I then roll the backstrap closed and use toothpicks to pin it closed. Wrap complete backstrap with bacon. Grill to medium rare. I like to douce the 'strap with beer as I grill it.

I take the marinade and put it in a pot, toss it on the stove and bring it to a boil. Makes for a nice dipping sauce.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willys46</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">slice backstrap up as if you were going to fry it. then season the pieces up, take a piece of jalepeno and lay it in the middle. then wrap the meat around the jalepeno. then wrap 1/2 a slice of bacon around the meat and you can either secure with tooth picks or on a shish kabob rod. then grill em up. MMM MMM </div></div>

</div></div>

Thanks for posting, I never thought about trying it with onion but I love onions, I am definitely going to have to try that.
Thanks again </div></div>

+1 but leave the onion, jalepeno,add bell pepper and a slice of cream cheese...then bacon wrap....cook over grill until the bacon is done.

My favorite is just a seasoned loin chop thrown on the grill to med rare. Carmelize some onions and mushrooms in a little butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper, and smother on steak.

For you guys that like the soy/worcheschire based marinades, I reccomend you try "Allegro" marinade. I use it on waterfowl all the time and it is phenominal.

Another vote for Italian dressing marinade also.

anyne here have a good marinade for wild boar or ram? Have both sitting in my freezer and looking to marinade it and start cooking it? any advice would be appreciated.

I like backstrap steaks cut about 3/4" thick. I soak them in milk for at least 24 hours. The enzymes in the milk will take away the "gamey" flavor some people don't like and also tenderize the meat. After 24 hours I rinse the meat and season it with garlic salt and pepper and then marinade it in whatever marinade sounds good at the time (usually any of the Lowrey's or the like) for another 24 hours. I BBQ on low heat for just a few minutes on each side. The marinade will usually start to get a nice glaze on it and the steaks will start to get a little stiff when the meat is done to a perfect medium.

On the stove I heat a skillet up really hot and sear each side for about 1 minute then I put the steaks on a baking sheet and into a pre-heated oven at 350. I put them in for 3 -4 minutes at the most and take them out and turn them over and then back in for 3-4 minutes.

Both ways make for some killer meat. I see several other recipes on hear that I want to try now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoldenRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willys46</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">slice backstrap up as if you were going to fry it. then season the pieces up, take a piece of jalepeno and lay it in the middle. then wrap the meat around the jalepeno. then wrap 1/2 a slice of bacon around the meat and you can either secure with tooth picks or on a shish kabob rod. then grill em up. MMM MMM </div></div>

</div></div>

Thanks again </div></div>

+1 but leave the onion, jalepeno,add bell pepper and a slice of cream cheese...then bacon wrap....cook over grill until the bacon is done. </div></div>

I've done it with the cream cheese before but Im just not a fan of it. to me it just taste better to keep it simple.

Pecen encrusted venison medallions:

Tenderloins cut 1/2-3/4 inch thick

Seasoned bread crumbs-put bread crumbs, pecans, salt, black pepper, thyme, garlic powder and little cayenne into food processor. Pulse processor so you have a course mixture

Brush both sides of each medallion with a light coating of dijon mustard and coat with the bread crumb-pecan mixture.

Skillet over medium head, with olive oil. Saute medium rare and more more than medium.

Garlic mashed potatoes, salad and a good bottle of Zinfandel.

Enjoy

Well this ain't no BBQ recipe. I personally don't consider venison a good meat for BBQing. But you take the backstraps out of a 2/3 grown doe. You have to start out with the proper deer to have the best meat. Slice it up in 1/2" pieces across the grain. Hit it a couple of licks with a tenderizing hammer on each side. Make a drench with Pet milk and egg. Season up the flour with salt and pepper. Get the grease where it covers 1/2 way up the meat and fry slowly. Turn when golden brown and do other side. Make a big pan of homemade bisquits, cream potatoes, gravy and whole kernal corn. This is why I'm called Big Bear
laugh.gif
krw

Not bbq here either, but...
Slice some backstrap into 3/4" thick pieces, let sit in some olive oil for about 30 minutes, sprinkle on some montreal seasoning, broil @ 500 degrees, 3 minutes each side.

Wow I almost forgot this recipe. It is definitely one of my tops. Take 7lbs of venison and grind it up with one of the 3lb boxes of bacon ends and pieces. Freeze it in packs and season it to your liking for the best hamburgers around

Take however many pieces of backstrap or tenderloin, soak in your favorite marinade through out the day with some cabelas wild game seasoning and a little bit of tobasco, then grill it on your lowest setting. It ends up being very tender and it tastes great, its my favorite way to do it.

Backstrap Fever (revised a little)

1 1/2- 2 LBS. Trimmed

Spices- 1/4-teaspoon Meat tenderizer,
1/4-teaspoon garlic salt
2-tablespoon grill creations steak seasoning
Liquids- 5-tablespoon A1 steak sauce
5-good splashes of Worcestershire sauce
A little shy of 1/4 Cup Olive oil
(If you can find hickory smoked grape seed oil use it)

Take your backstrap and slice it 1/2- 3/4" (Trim off all the silver skin)

Lay it in a sealable bowl

Pour in the liquids, sprinkle all the seasonings over the backstrap. Seal the bowl and shake well.

Refridgerate, shake every 15 min. for one hour.

Over a hot briquette fire, grill (direct heat) 2-3 min for 1/2" and 3-4 for 3/4" thick.
The wife and I like it med. rair. The more red inside the better.

We have been doing this for some time now. My sister would never eat deer, I did this at one of our poolside BBQ's tricked her to trying it, Now every time the family come's over for our summertime outings, she expects me to cook some for her.
If any of you try this, Please give me some feedback. This is something I came up with. YUMMY