• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Venting on Leupold warranty process

Senor_Barney

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Northern California
    I know I may get slack for publicizing my experience with Leupold, but I think sharing will allow for an open discussion about what we as shooters/hunters/outdoors people should expect from the companies we support. I totally anticipate some will say my venting here is unjust, but I would also expect some to say "see...that's why I buy Swaros". Both can be true. In full disclosure, I only have service history with Schmidt, XLR, and Accuracy International to compare to...I don't know how others (i.e. Vortex) compare.

What Happened
    • Bought a Leupold MK5 12-40x Spotter with the TMR reticle.
    • When I dialed-up the magnification (i.e. from 12x to 40x) the TMR reticle would spin in the same direction of the dial. (i.e. counter clockwise when I zoom-in)
    • In addition, the scope was making an audible click sound when I was turning up and down the magnification quickly.

Timeline of Events
    • Nov 21: Contacted Leupold regarding the issue and requested a warranty repair / replacement. Account created for Warranty.
    • Nov 22: Shipped spotter to Leupold via UPS
    • Nov 28: Leupold received scope
    • Dec 7th: Received the following email from Leupold "...We have received your product and estimate warranty service to be completed in approximately 5 weeks from the date your product arrived."
    My grievances with Leupold (because I live in a first world country)
    • 1) Leupold does not cover shipping for warranty issues. This just seems absurd. These devices are not cheap to ship. I understand that some may take advantage of their flexible warranty and send items in for service that should not be covered, but in this case, Leupold should have at least offered to cover shipping up front with a prepaid label or advise me that they will pre-pay, but charge for shipping if the item is deemed to be outside of warranty. Accuracy International offered a pre-paid shipping label for warranty service no questions asked.

• 2) Leupold provided an unreasonably long lead-time: When I initially contacted Leupold about the warranty service the service rep wasn't able to provide and estimated turn around time beyond " a couple weeks". It took Leupold OVER one week to check in the scope upon receiving it (Nov 28 -> Dec 7). To then find it will be another 5 Weeks to inspect and repair my spotter was another kick in the balls. The reasoning was a big peculiar. Apparently, December is the busiest time of the year for optic warranty service because "every deer hunter in the country that dropped their scope or rifle out of a tree stand send their optics in for service right now". Really???? Ok, fine. But still, imagine waiting 5 weeks to service your GE Washer/Dryer....5 Weeks to repair your Samsung TV.....5 Weeks to replace a water gasket on your Chevy Silverado. I get that my scope is not mission critical to daily life like those other items, but it costs >$2K and I would have expected different. FWIW, when I wanted to have a reticle replaced in my SB PMii, it was only ~ 1 week for J to do the retrofit.

• 3) Leupold has no replacement / loaner program: When I contacted Leupold on Dec 7th to share my frustration for having to be without the spotter for so long, I also asked politely to disregard the warranty repair and to simply ship it back to be. I was told this is NOT an option because it had already been "checked in". So, at that point I had zero recourse. For a company of Leupold's resources, I was a bit surprised that they didn't offer to send a replacement or have a loaner program in place. In addition to the 5 week lead time, there is the 1+ week receiving time plus ~2 weeks for round-trip shipping. All in, I could be out for 2 months without a spotter. I have 3 matches during that time and I'm just super irked to have no backup. My plan is to mount an old Nightforce I have lying around onto my tripod. How absurd.
    I'll get off my soap box now.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: rpoL98 and Fig
    Show me a company other than Vortex that will cover your shipping for warranty. It will rarely happen with even the most premium of companies.

A lead time on the order of weeks is not uncommon with the exception of a few companies. You might get it sooner but it's better to quote a longer lead time and have the company get it back to you sooner than quote you a shorter lead time and blow it because you'd be here complaining. You also have to remember we have the holidays coming up and then SHOT so it's about to get stupid busy for a lot of people.

I have yet to encounter a company with a loaner program. You have three matches, you not having a back up is on you. I'd hope you have some kind of shooting buddies who will let you borrow something.

Sounds like every warranty process I’ve ever heard of. If you’ve experienced any of your expectations from anyone else, please sing their praises so we can all know about it. But I would say you have some pretty high expectations.

As noted in my initial original soap-box supported, first-world problem rant of mine....Accuracy International emailed a prepaid FedEx label when I inquired about a warranty item. That was my first experience with a warranty item. It's not just Vortex. you don't know what you don't know. And I didn't know that AI is the exception...not the rule.

Also, while in a different, when I had a zipper break on my Mountain Hardware Ghost down jacket, they provided a label to ship the jacket to them to perform the warranty service. These are what shaped my expectations - right or wrong.

1670438788446.png

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    #1 and #3 is minor. Not a big deal for me. #2......maybe that's expected with the worldwide shortage but I still wouldn't be happy? Buddy hit a deer with his 2022 Nissan Frontier. Took 4 months to get parts.

Reactions: GUNNER10
    Show me a company other than Vortex that will cover your shipping for warranty.
    AMP Annealing ... got a brand new Mk11 Annealing unit that failed after 15min. Contacted Alex at AMP. he had me Return FED EX shipping labels to me the next day.
    He also dispatched a brand new unit to me that same day.

Brilliant service!!

Unlike most other rants on the Hide, the fact is that;

A: You've documented your experience quite well.
    B: You've given the vendor ample opportunity to "make things right" (as opposed to coming on to the Hide and trashing the vendor before "you" have ever even contacted them).

The wait time definitely sucks. But, in addition to "every hunter wanting to get their scope/spotter fixed" at this time of the year, you have employees burning accrued but unused vacation time by the end of the year and the usual shipping migraines. On the one hand, Leupold may be quoting longer leadtimes than what the repair might take. On the other hand, with the factors noted above, you receiving your unit back may actually take all of 5 weeks. It's just a shitty time of the year to have to go through this.

You may have stated this already, but how long have you had the unit ? Point being....if it was new, out of the box, that would really suck.

By way of example, I bought a very expensive pair of waders from a dealer in Hood River, Oregon. When they arrived, I closely inspected them and found a small blemish on them. I stewed about it for a few days, but finally concluded that if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I have every right to expect that they are perfect. So, I contacted the place that I bought them. They got right on it, contacted the manufacturer and had a return label back to me via e-mail within about an hour of me contacting them. I have never had that level of service in my life. I was ecstatic. I received a new pair of waders promptly and as I recall, the retailer sent the replacement pair out before I even had the damaged pair boxed up for the return.

I have since bought thousands of dollars of gear from that retailer and I will not buy any other manufacturer's waders/clothing. With the way both of them handled that situation, they have far and away earned my loyalty.

Last edited:
    Zeiss wanted me to pay shipping back to for a 2 week old Zeiss Conquest V6 with a manufacturing issue too.

Wind blew over my Leupold spotter at Cameo last summer. Scratched the lens pretty bad. I bought some binos this spring and sent my spotter in to Leupold with my contact info and a letter asking them to call me to pay the bill. 8 weeks later the spotter showed up with a nice note from them. No charge.

I should also mention that I got the spotter on their Veteran program.

Leupold has my support.

While I think you have room to complain about the shipping label, I personally would have asked the retailer to exchange it for me first.

Good luck on the repair.

Wind blew over my Leupold spotter at Cameo last summer. Scratched the lens pretty bad. I bought some binos this spring and sent my spotter in to Leupold with my contact info and a letter asking them to call me to pay the bill. 8 weeks later the spotter showed up with a nice note from them. No charge.

I should also mention that I got the spotter on their Veteran program.

Leupold has my support.

While I think you have room to complain about the shipping label, I personally would have asked the retailer to exchange it for me first.

Good luck on the repair.
    8 weeks?! Did they at least communicate with you during those 8 weeks?

I know I may get slack for publicizing my experience with Leupold, but I think sharing will allow for an open discussion about what we as shooters/hunters/outdoors people should expect from the companies we support. I totally anticipate some will say my venting here is unjust, but I would also expect some to say "see...that's why I buy Swaros". Both can be true. In full disclosure, I only have service history with Schmidt, XLR, and Accuracy International to compare to...I don't know how others (i.e. Vortex) compare.

What Happened
    • Bought a Leupold MK5 12-40x Spotter with the TMR reticle.
    • When I dialed-up the magnification (i.e. from 12x to 40x) the TMR reticle would spin in the same direction of the dial. (i.e. counter clockwise when I zoom-in)
    • In addition, the scope was making an audible click sound when I was turning up and down the magnification quickly.

Timeline of Events
    • Nov 21: Contacted Leupold regarding the issue and requested a warranty repair / replacement. Account created for Warranty.
    • Nov 22: Shipped spotter to Leupold via UPS
    • Nov 28: Leupold received scope
    • Dec 7th: Received the following email from Leupold "...We have received your product and estimate warranty service to be completed in approximately 5 weeks from the date your product arrived."
    My grievances with Leupold (because I live in a first world country)
    • 1) Leupold does not cover shipping for warranty issues. This just seems absurd. These devices are not cheap to ship. I understand that some may take advantage of their flexible warranty and send items in for service that should not be covered, but in this case, Leupold should have at least offered to cover shipping up front with a prepaid label or advise me that they will pre-pay, but charge for shipping if the item is deemed to be outside of warranty. Accuracy International offered a pre-paid shipping label for warranty service no questions asked.

• 2) Leupold provided an unreasonably long lead-time: When I initially contacted Leupold about the warranty service the service rep wasn't able to provide and estimated turn around time beyond " a couple weeks". It took Leupold OVER one week to check in the scope upon receiving it (Nov 28 -> Dec 7). To then find it will be another 5 Weeks to inspect and repair my spotter was another kick in the balls. The reasoning was a big peculiar. Apparently, December is the busiest time of the year for optic warranty service because "every deer hunter in the country that dropped their scope or rifle out of a tree stand send their optics in for service right now". Really???? Ok, fine. But still, imagine waiting 5 weeks to service your GE Washer/Dryer....5 Weeks to repair your Samsung TV.....5 Weeks to replace a water gasket on your Chevy Silverado. I get that my scope is not mission critical to daily life like those other items, but it costs >$2K and I would have expected different. FWIW, when I wanted to have a reticle replaced in my SB PMii, it was only ~ 1 week for J to do the retrofit.

• 3) Leupold has no replacement / loaner program: For a company of Leupold's resources, I was a bit surprised that they didn't offer to send a replacement or have a loaner program in place. In addition to the 5 week lead time, there is the 1+ week receiving time plus ~2 weeks for round-trip shipping. All in, I could be out for 2 months without a spotter. I have 3 matches during that time and I'm just super irked to have no backup. My plan is to mount an old Nightforce I have lying around onto my tripod. How absurd.
    I'll get off my soap box now.
    1. Did you politely ask for a return label? I bet they would have provided one if you asked politely.

2. Do you expect to jump the line in front of all other warranty issues? Have you ever worked in a repair facility? It takes time to process RMAs. Leupold is a giant company. They probably get 100s of packages a day.

3. Tell me what optics company has a loaner program.

Personally I think you’re being quite unreasonable with 2&3. I’d be annoyed about the return label, but I stand by what I said about asking politely for a return label.

1. Did you politely ask for a return label? I bet they would have provided one if you asked politely.

2. Do you expect to jump the line in front of all other warranty issues? Have you ever worked in a repair facility? It takes time to process RMAs. Leupold is a giant company. They probably get 100s of packages a day.

3. Tell me what optics company has a loaner program.

Personally I think you’re being quite unreasonable with 2&3. I’d be annoyed about the return label, but I stand by what I said about asking politely for a return label.

Did you politely ask for a return label? Yes. Twice. In fact, the second time was ~5 minutes before I posted this thread as I was on the phone with L&S warranty service and they once again referred to the policy that owners ship them their products for inspection. Did I make a huge Karen-level stink about it. No, I did not. But I did ask two times - politely.

Do you expect to jump the line in front of all other warranty issues? No, I do not expect to be given preferential treatment, nor would I expect others to be given preferential treatment over my service request. I'm not sure what about my post gave that impression. I took exception to two things: 1) the initial estimated turn around time was " a couple weeks" which I (unfortunately) set my expectations on and decided was enough lead time for me to be without a scope. 2) the time to process (i.e. check it into the queue) was OVER one week. Fine, maybe in this world of Amazon, you expect things to be processed sooner and we are all jaded. But the item arrived on Nov 28th and today is Dec 7th. Did it really take that long to check-in my item?

Tell me what optics company has a loaner program. I don't have enough experience. First time for a warranty optic service and just sharing what I learned so that I and others can reset our expectations (assuming I am not the only one that feels this way). I bought Vortex 12x UHD binos and and they sent me the 10x. The correct 12x was basically overnighted to me and a prepaid label was provided to send them back the wrong pair. Again, I took exception to the fact this option wasn't even offered as an option. However, I have experience with other companies (albeit not optics companies since I mostly only have Alpha tier glass like Schmidt and Tangent) where they will offer to send a replacement item out immediately while I send back the faulty item - and these were small suppliers in the 2A-friendly industry. So, I guess I just was surprised to hear that L&S didn't have a service like that. If those small shops could absorb the cost, I would imagine L&S could too. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
    Did you politely ask for a return label? Yes. Twice. In fact, the second time was ~5 minutes before I posted this thread as I was on the phone with L&S warranty service and they once again referred to the policy that owners ship them their products for inspection. Did I make a huge Karen-level stink about it. No, I did not. But I did ask two times - politely.

Do you expect to jump the line in front of all other warranty issues? No, I do not expect to be given preferential treatment, nor would I expect others to be given preferential treatment over my service request. I'm not sure what about my post gave that impression. I took exception to two things: 1) the initial estimated turn around time was " a couple weeks" which I (unfortunately) set my expectations on and decided was enough lead time for me to be without a scope. 2) the time to process (i.e. check it into the queue) was OVER one week. Fine, maybe in this world of Amazon, you expect things to be processed sooner and we are all jaded. But the item arrived on Nov 28th and today is Dec 7th. Did it really take that long to check-in my item?

Tell me what optics company has a loaner program. I don't have enough experience. First time for a warranty optic service and just sharing what I learned so that I and others can reset our expectations (assuming I am not the only one that feels this way). I bought Vortex 12x UHD binos and and they sent me the 10x. The correct 12x was basically overnighted to me and a prepaid label was provided to send them back the wrong pair. Again, I took exception to the fact this option wasn't even offered as an option. However, I have experience with other companies (albeit not optics companies since I mostly only have Alpha tier glass like Schmidt and Tangent) where they will offer to send a replacement item out immediately while I send back the faulty item - and these were small suppliers in the 2A-friendly industry. So, I guess I just was surprised to hear that L&S didn't have a service like that. If those small shops could absorb the cost, I would imagine L&S could too. Lesson learned.
    I stand corrected on the label. That would for sure annoy me. Clearly the person you spoke to originally misspoke and said a couple of weeks, but a lot of people use that term interchangeably with a few weeks. I say cut them some slack. It’s a super busy time right now, and from first hand experience, it takes time to process RMAs from start to finish.

With advanced replacements, you have to think that if leupold gave everyone who asked for one how much product they’d have to ship out daily just on repairs and how many could end up as scammers. With S&B and TT, they’re way smaller as a company and for the most part deal with higher end customers. Risk reward probably plays a big role in that.

Give them some slack. It’s the holiday season. No need to stress about this. They’ll get you taken care of.

Reactions: Amanda4461
    Show me a company other than Vortex that will cover your shipping for warranty. It will rarely happen with even the most premium of companies.

A lead time on the order of weeks is not uncommon with the exception of a few companies. You might get it sooner but it's better to quote a longer lead time and have the company get it back to you sooner than quote you a shorter lead time and blow it because you'd be here complaining. You also have to remember we have the holidays coming up and then SHOT so it's about to get stupid busy for a lot of people.

I have yet to encounter a company with a loaner program. You have three matches, you not having a back up is on you. I'd hope you have some kind of shooting buddies who will let you borrow something.
    Colt sends out your RMA number with a prepaid 2nd Day Air Overnight when you ask for warranty repair of a Colt Python. In my case, they couldn’t repair the front sight, so they sent me a new Python. Total turnaround time was 10 days. This was after CZ bought them. Their attitude led me to buy an Anaconda and a 6” Python the following month. Of course, it wasn’t near Thanksgiving or Christmas🫢

It reads as though this scope was broken when you got it?

I strongly feel that companies should bend over backwards to rectify products with a zero hour defect.
    You could've chosen any other brand/product on the market yet you chose theirs and supported their business, then they go and sell you a broken product, then make you jump through hoops to get the product you paid for.

I appreciate all things can and will break eventually but broken when it left the factory/distributor is a different story.

Strange. I had a glass issue on my Deltapoint Pro... They sent me a shipping label to send it back. Received a new one about 2-3 weeks later.

I have no idea why they didn't provide you a label.

Reactions: Simonsza1
    Sent 3 kahles back ... Got prepaid labels on all of them

• Wow
    Reactions: Secant
    Strange. I had a glass issue on my Deltapoint Pro... They sent me a shipping label to send it back. Received a new one about 2-3 weeks later.

I have no idea why they didn't provide you a label.
    Weight

Prepaid labels (for larges companies like Leupold) are usually negotiated with the carrier at a set price. So, doesn't (shouldn't) matter if you send 1 oz or 10 lbs. Because I can send a DPP in a huge 24 inch box and my account gets charged the same if I send a 5 lbs weight in the box.

If you have ever seen the corporate rates for FedEx and UPS, it's stupid cheap.

Buncha dicks.
    I paid shipping and insurance because they were very clear that uninsured packages would be assumed to have been damaged en route, LOL.

I would have been lit

If I was in the same situation as The OP I would be pissed too. Yes it's the holiday season but 5 weeks is unacceptable as is no shipping label. I just sent a PST Gen II scope to Vortex they provide a shipping able a said turn around was 7-8 days. I don't believe Leupold has any less repairs sent in the Vortex does during the holiday season..

Last edited:
    I would have been lit
    Honestly, I think we all expect too much from firearms related gear. Optics are comparatively fragile AF, and manufacturers tend to fix/replace them at no cost for months or years after a purchase. The $60 or $80 I paid to ship was not really a big deal to get a $2,500 optic back up to 100%. Not all other industries will cover mechanical or electronic parts in a similar way.

For the OP's situation, I think a 5 week wait for a used then broken optic isn't a big deal. A 5 week wait for an out-of-the-box dud is a problem. Same with shipping label.

AMP Annealing ... got a brand new Mk11 Annealing unit that failed after 15min. Contacted Alex at AMP. he had me Return FED EX shipping labels to me the next day.
    He also dispatched a brand new unit to me that same day.

Brilliant service!!
    Burris sent me a pre-paid label for a new XTRIIIi.

I just read their warranty policy on the website and nowhere does it mention they provide a return shipping label. I think by law any manufacturer has to post their warranty and process in writing. Typically every detail will be defined or listed. Sure it sucks having to pay for shipping, but that's a given. Some companies charge for shipping both ways with warranty repairs.

When you buy a $100,000 car they don't send a tow truck to pick up your car to take it to the dealer unless it physically cannot be driven to the dealership.

When you buy a $100,000 car they don't send a tow truck to pick up your car to take it to the dealer unless it physically cannot be driven to the dealership.

Actually they do. They will send a driver to your house to pick up your car and leave a loaner. I know as it's my part time job. ;)

I just read their warranty policy on the website and nowhere does it mention they provide a return shipping label. I think by law any manufacturer has to post their warranty and process in writing. Typically every detail will be defined or listed. Sure it sucks having to pay for shipping, but that's a given. Some companies charge for shipping both ways with warranty repairs.

Clearly never owned a 100k car lol

Don`t feel bad OP. Arken was all happy and instantly talkative when i contacted them, bought/sent me their EP-5 scope & combo pack, scope and combo pack has issues, contacted them about my issues with bad scope, and wrong combo pack, CRICKETS! I`ve not heard a peep from them since i bought the products from them, but they were plenty happy enough to suck the money out of me. Lesson learned.

Not all dealers are like that. Our`s surely isn`t. Even if we have service work done, they always have a loaner vehicle of our choice waiting and warmed up when we get to their dealership. If we have to have one towed, they come and get it, and leave us a loaner vehicle to drive. They will also bring our vehicle(s) back when its fixed. Some dealerships WANT to keep you as a customer. And we aren`t spending even $40K for a vehicle either, sometimes even less, they still take care of us.

Did you receive the unit broken or did it break while using it? Did you purchase it new from a dealer or used?
    Would help if we knew who you were directing your questions to. Does your quote button not work?

Would help if we knew who you were directing your questions to. Does your quote button not work?
    Start your own thread if you are that worried .

Not all dealers are like that. Our`s surely isn`t. Even if we have service work done, they always have a loaner vehicle of our choice waiting and warmed up when we get to their dealership. If we have to have one towed, they come and get it, and leave us a loaner vehicle to drive. They will also bring our vehicle(s) back when its fixed. Some dealerships WANT to keep you as a customer. And we aren`t spending even $40K for a vehicle either, sometimes even less, they still take care of us.
    Leupold does all that for you ? Damn, now that's service . :rolleyes:

Leupold does all that for you ? Damn, now that's service . :rolleyes:
    I responded to a comment that another poster posted, clearly you are only here to start trouble. Welcome to the ignore list.

"see...that's why I buy Swaros"
    Weellllllll

Swaros are nice but if you want fast warranty and free warranty shipping they aren’t gonna get you there. They’ll refurb your dirty shit though.

That sucks man, hopefully you get it figured out. Everyone has a “perfect warranty” these days but no one’s is as perfect as VIP. IME.

Off the top of my head the companies I’ve had send me a prepaid label are: vortex, bergara, manners, zastava, smith and Wesson. Vortex is the only optics company. I def think manufacturer defects should get a free shipping label.

It is not a bad service experience, to be honest. I do not think they make a huge number of these spotters, so the repair lead time is likely related to that and general supply chain issues.

The return label bit is interesting. I have seen it go both ways depending on the manufacturer and who you talk to. Given that a rotating reticle is pretty obviously a manufacturing issue, I am a little surprised they did not send you a shipping label.

Customer service experience can vary.

A couple of times I needed to send something back to Vortex, was absolutely seamless.

I just sent my eight year old Tangent Theta back to Canada for cleaning (nothing really wrong with it) and they sent me a shipping label with all the customs forms within 24 hours of contacting them. That one surprised me a little since nothing was really broken.

On the other hand, it took me just over two years to get my 10x28 monocular back that was fogging up. It was out of warranty and I was willing to pay, but they ended up fixing it for free. It just took them a REALLY long time.

It can really run the gamut between too extremes.

ILya

Arken all the time. You’ll have a new scope back in 2 weeks total. I realize they’re a lower tier company but that’s almost worse on the top tier companies. Same with other high end shit. I can’t even drive by the BMW dealership without getting a bill for just looking their way.

• Haha
    Reactions: adubeau
    Arken all the time. You’ll have a new scope back in 2 weeks total. I realize they’re a lower tier company but that’s almost worse on the top tier companies. Same with other high end shit. I can’t even drive by the BMW dealership without getting a bill for just looking their way.
    Arken did that for me as well for two scopes for returns with upgrade. ETA: most returns I have done for warranty work - rarely have I had to pay for shipping - just lucky I guess...

AI has paid for shipping labels both ways for warranty issues. Tangent Theta has paid for shipping labels both ways. As has carbon six and I believe MDT. However Woox, Schmidt and Bender, and one other I can't think of, have not. But they pay the return shipping (not sure on woox however as I am still waiting to hear back on that warranty work).

Just depends on the company I suppose. Sucks to be out a piece of gear that would be nice to have, especially for matches.

Christensen Arms pays both ways fyi.
    Seekins used to but haven’t had to send anything back in many years thankfully, so unsure current policy.

My only comment is that many years ago, I had to contact and attempt to utilize Leupold CS. It was a very negative experience. I don't buy Leupold scopes due to my experience from long ago.

Cheers, Steve

Lower tier scopes are replaced instead of repaired b/c it is cheaper for the manufacturer to replace than repair. Let that sink in. You get fast service from lower tier scope manufacturers because they consider their gear disposable…

Lower tier scopes are replaced instead of repaired b/c it is cheaper for the manufacturer to replace than repair. Let that sink in. You get fast service from lower tier scope manufacturers because they consider their gear disposable…
    Probably. That’s what everyone assumes anyway. Something that seems obvious doesn’t need time to sink in fyi.
    Possibly they hold the plant accountable and get some credit toward future builds. I’m not privy to all that but certainly they’ve calculated for a percentage of returns obviously. Marsh from Primary Arms would know.
    The point is top tier should pay for shipping. It’s pitiful to expect that after someone spends $3500+ on a scope. Pitiful.

When someone posts WITHOUT quotes, it is assumed they are replying to the OP. In this case, @redneckbmxer24 was asking a question to the OP. What is unclear why you had to address the issue when this is generally universal practice across all forums.

Back to the thread...

I would definitely hit up Leupold one more time and explain the situation to another person. Given the scope was new and received DOA, Leupold should honor shipping both ways. Like I said above, it is unusual for a company not to send a shipping label to evaluate a potential problem for a product out of the box. Maybe the CS rep was having a bad day or didn't understand etc etc etc

Reactions: Threadcutter308
    Actually they do. They will send a driver to your house to pick up your car and leave a loaner. I know as it's my part time job. ;)

Clearly never owned a 100k car lol

I might suggest that with a $100k car you'll wind up using warranty service more than with a $30k to $40k car as there is a lot more fancy stuff to go wrong.
    At least that's been my experience.

Last car = $30k range = essentially only regular maintenance for 100k miles
    Current car = $70k range = used warranty service several times in under 15k miles for various little things deciding they didn't like to work.
    (But yes on the current one they do offer pickup if you want them to do it & also offer loaner cars and such, I however just drive it in myself & pickup the loaner car, as I'm not all that interested in somebody I don't know driving my car around town or trusting that a tow truck driver isn't going to mess stuff up)