• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vern Harrison Long Range Invitational

oneshot976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2005
Mooresville, North Carolina
Hello Gentlemen,
First, I apologize for it taking me so long to make this post I had been waiting to get the pictures and received the bulk of them yesterday. I want to take a minute to thank everyone for your participation in the match and the train up. We had a great time and really enjoyed spending time with each of you during the shoot and we hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as we did!

I also want to send a huge Thank You to our sponsors of this years match; Accurate Ordnance, Burris Optics, Accurate Mag and Shooters Supply. This was the first year of this event and these companies stepped up and offered some great prizes! I can't thank them enough for thier generosity and what they do on a regular basis to give back to the sport that we all love so much! Please don't forget to thank them all yourself for their generosity and support!!

Here is the shooter ranking after the match finish;

1. Clark Kennedy 12
2. Tom Pohuski Sr. 16
3. Ed Baker 19
4. John Lester 21
5. Tom Pohuski Jr. 21
6. Alex Logsdon 22
7. Jeff Bonee 23
8. Rod Hansen 28
9. Eyan Bowers 29
10. Mike Pohuski 29
11. Johnny King 29
12. Jay Harris 31
13. Johnathan Oneil 31
14. Brian Ellington 34
15. Tom Wright 35
16. Harry Barker 36
17. Thomas Woods 36
18. Dan Pohuski 38
19. Jerry McCallister 42
20. Rick Thompson 43
21. Rustan B. 50
22. Corey B. 58
23. Randy M. 58
24. Tom Tapp DNF
25. Bobby Keigans DNF
26. Dwight Raines DNF

Now for a few pictures...

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you all next year!

Sincerely,
Mike

Re: Vern Harrison Long Range Invitational

Where and when was it held? First I remember seeing anything on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where and when was it held? First I remember seeing anything on it. </div></div>

Rob,
It was held on April 20,21,22 in southwestern Virginia.

Thanks,
Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where and when was it held? First I remember seeing anything on it. </div></div>

Rob,
It was held on April 20,21,22 in southwestern Virginia.

Thanks,
Mike </div></div>

It's the first I've ever heard of it too, is it an open to the public match? I'd be very interested in attending the next one. How often is this match held?

Thanks Mike. Looks like you guys had fun. You should have talked to Tony at Impact Data Books for sponsorship. Given his long history with Vern I am sure he would have stepped up.

Mike, that was a fun match, and a great group of guys. Thanks for getting the pics out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Mike. Looks like you guys had fun. You should have talked to Tony at Impact Data Books for sponsorship. Given his long history with Vern I am sure he would have stepped up. </div></div>

Rob that is a good idea, i may reach out to Tony next year. To be honest I did not source any sponsors for the match. The ones that we got actually heard about the match through some of our shooters and stepped up on their own. An awesome showing of their dedication to supporting these types of events and it was greatly appreciated.

This was setup as an invitational match so that we could better manage the process the first year out. We should have more spots available next year as the event grows.

Thanks,
Mike

I heard some guys at ASC talking about this match, sounded like a lot of fun. It's right in my back door. Wish I could make that list, it would be nice not to travel hours for a match.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike and Dave put on a first class show with just the right mix of competition and friendship.
DSC_0220.jpg

And this was what makes these things go from good to great!
</div></div>

Thanks Jon, it was a great time and I really enjoyed watching Eyan compete with such a great group of shooters! He learns a lot every time he shoots one of the comps!!

Mike

Looks like it was a great time. I hope to be able to make this some day!

Mike,
This was a great match and I look forward to next years match. Great place, great people and lots of fun! Thanks to all of the sponsers and the R/O's.

Ed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike and Dave put on a first class show with just the right mix of competition and friendship.
DSC_0220.jpg

And this was what makes these things go from good to great!
</div></div>

Thanks Jon, it was a great time and I really enjoyed watching Eyan compete with such a great group of shooters! He learns a lot every time he shoots one of the comps!!

Mike</div></div>

Sort of one of those BTDT things, Hardest part is the most enjoyable; One day you will be doing your best and he will still smoke you. Mine came at last falls ASC.

Already looking forward to next year. Mike, David and Jason did a heck of a job for their first match. The pictures are great.

Looks like a great time! And Vern is one hell of a guy as well!