• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Versa-Pod Series 8

CrazyJoe

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Virginia Beach
Have 300 WSM build underway. Am considering a new Versa-pod series 8 bipod on a Manners T4-A stock. I did a Hide google search on the series 8 and didn't see it mentioned. I'm looking for some first hand experience and a source if they're shipping now.

Re: Versa-Pod Series 8

Have it, use it and if you know their system it is their best yet. MUCH faster than the Atlas and totally different. Which of the three are you considering?

How is the Versa faster......have been looking for new bipod. Trying to get away from the Harris.
Thanks

If the deployment is anything like the earlier Versapods adn the Parker Hale they copy then all you need to do is squeeze the legs together and pull down to deploy. Also there is no locking nut which means you have instant pan and tilt capability for tracking shots.

With the Atlas V8 you need to individually press the locking button and move each leg into position and may need to adjust the amount of play in the bipod by loosening of the locking nut.

But IMHO speed isn't everything to all people and there are many other good reasons to look at the Atlas which are well documented in multiple threads here.

(Incidentally I use both a PH and Atlas but my go to bipod has been the Atlas for over a year now....both work better for me than a Harris - which I have also used in the past)

That sums it up right except pan and tilt is now completely lockable. As a result to get a pin mounted Versapod to lock up solid requires the locking-up of two independant knobs. I would add that the Versapod will allow for shaft/pin mounting, giving it a lateral arc that the Atlas can not accomplish. The Nemesis project actually was the impetus for the steel head and changed swing pathway on the new Versapod. Its a very good bipod now. IMO, Atlas is this years DTA. If it was white it would be an "Ipod." Its a fine system, but it is a bipod with its own set of advantageous and requirements. Only trying to be helpful here...

For what it is worth. Infinite rotation, angular adjustment.

Nemesis39.jpg

Nemesis36.jpg

Atlas gives alot, but it has no arc capabilities. Some still want it for the reasons we read about regularly. In this case, one has to dismount and go 90 to provide the same range found instantly on the Versapod.

DSCF1051.jpg

DSCF1052.jpg

DSCF1025.jpg

Have not settled on one. I'm deployed and my rifle will be ready about the time I get home. Plenty of time to decide. The Versa site doesn't specifically metion the Series 8 on their product page, so....not sure what they offer or if they are GA at this point. Have an Atlas and 3-4 Harris'. Doing my due dilligence...

Hey RollingThunder51,

Hope all is well with you and yours.

While I agree 100% the Versa pod, Harris and some other bipods are currently faster to deploy than the Atlas but I have to tell you, it does crack me up when you, the builder of a sweet <span style="font-weight: bold">take apart</span> rifle, makes this distinction of the Versa pod; "MUCH faster than the Atlas and totally different."!

Just find it ironic, that your rifles needs to be assembled before engaging a target, yet you make a speed reference.

No harm intended, just strikes me funny and again, I agree with your statement quoted above 100%.

Please tell me what "DTA means when used here; "Atlas is this years DTA." (I'm not too savvy on the letters only thing.)

Take care.

No problem..

Ain't my rifle, I don't build it, I don't sell it, I don't get a penny from them. They are just one of the companies that I knew that mounts both the Atlas and the Versapod from the factory and gets feedback on both systems.

Not just faster on deployment, faster on every aspect of corection, open/close. leg length, angle correction, arc correction, etc. etc. Atlas is good stuff, but totally different. I own it and shoot and like it on light gas guns.

Remember the Versapod is less expensive copy of the Parker Hale. The Parker Hale is a beautiful piece of kit that can be found on some of the world's most prized and accurate rifles. I may be wrong, but I have not yet met allot of PH folks that are willing to dump their pin studs and go for a rail only Atlas. At least not yet.

DTA - Desert Tactical Arms.

Now don't I feel like a heel!

My apologies. I thought you were the builder of the Nemesis.....

If I may...I get that the Versa Series 8 is a big improvement over ealier models. Are they generally available now? If so, does anyone have a source? And of course..... What is AWC?

One last shot at determining whether the Vers-Pod Series 8s are shipping and where one might aquire one. If the tribe on this site is silent then my assumption will be "they ain't ready yet". CJ

CrazyJoe, sorry for my distraction from OP subject matter.

I'd kindly suggest contacting the manufacturer and ask if they are available (I think they are) and if they have a dealer/distributor list.

Thanks Kasey. I have an Atlas on another rig that came highly recommended and rightly so. My only gripe was that it was hard to come by. Seems to be a pattern developing here. I've got 6 mos before the rifle is ready and at least that long before I can take delivery. Doing my shopping now while the dust is up and the helos are down. Best, CJ

Ditto, HighFlyer. Appartently there is a waiting list and the first few will be prototypes. CJ