• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Versa-Pod wobble

308Dude

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2009
Northern CA
I just bought a versa-pod bipod. This is the first one I've seen up close. It has a lot of looseness in the primary pivot joint and on the shaft. This looseness results in the pod flopping around and making noise while carrying. Is this normal for these?

Re: Versa-Pod wobble

You can drill & tap a hole in the pivot joint and insert a 'friction knob', this can be adjusted to stop the flopping around and prevent the weight of the rifle from tipping over the bipod.

I had the same problem with the versa pod. I returned it for a Harris.

There's no receipt since I bought it off here. RJ are you saying yours doesn't move when carrying or are you saying the movement doesn't make enough noise to bother you?

The looseness on mine is in two areas. First in the "pivot ball" joint and second in the shaft. It wobbles around the joint. It also slides and rotates along the shaft. This is fine while shooting and maybe even beneficial.

The "friction knob" is an interesting idea. Would address only one of the issues though.

I have a vera-pod and it wobbles like hell too. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I've cranked both knobs down with channel locks but the wobble he speaks of is in the design. I think these were designed for guns with a higher rate of fire and not so much for steady one shot rifles. I'm sellling mine as we speak.

Perhaps you have a newer model? The only knob on mine is the one for mounting it to the stock. There aren't any adjustment type of knobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps you have a newer model? The only knob on mine is the one for mounting it to the stock. There aren't any adjustment type of knobs. </div></div>

Mine is the "Military Only" all steal model with the spring loaded legs. Strong as all hell but wobbly as hell too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJ Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine came from Tubb - it could be
different. I like it.</div></div>

RJ do you know of any pics online or can post your own? Don't sweat it.