• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Versamax POA/POI issue

J-ROD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2011
Mechanicsville, Virginia
So I bought a versamax 12ga years ago from the original buyer. I hunted a little and shot skeet some with it and did ok...knowing that I was the weak link.
Fast forward to this year and I have gotten serious about spring gobblers so I take the time to pattern the gun (shame on me for not doing it sooner). Benched, it shoots 3” to the right at 16yds. At 40yds it’s about a foot right if not more. Looking closely, you can see while the barrel bridge is straight, it was welded on to the barrel crooked.
Remington said since I am the second owner, no warranty. Understood and I should have checked it out better before I bought it. Honestly it may be why the original owner sold it with such low round count.
So I buy a new barrel from Remington. To save money(over $100 difference), I went with the sportsman version that is not coated...no worries, I will spray can bomb it.
I get the barrel and upon opening notice the bridge has a bow to the left. The Remington tech said to shoot and then report back, I would get a full refund if it wasn’t acceptable.
This barrel hits about 1” left at 16yds and around 4” left at 30yds but patterns well.

My question is, what is acceptable, especially coming from Remington? Am I being too picky to ask for the POI/POA to be the same or closer than what it is now?

I do like the gun, it fits me well and has never not fired/cycled regardless of the weather or abuse.
Opinions wanted, talk to me.
If it loads, the pic is of the replacement barrel.
63B19D34-C932-427D-9833-45AFD8F18DBC.jpeg