• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Versatile e-calls

Mindreader1

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2017
New to calling. i would like the ability to call in both coyotes and hogs. is there a e call that does both relatively well? probably would only get one call so would like it to have the ability to get new sounds and get updates going forward. budget is $500. TIA!

So, I am just very slightly ahead of you by the fact that I recently went through this thought process. I am a e-caller noob, however. I bought this: https://allpredatorcalls.com/foxpro-x2s-kryptek-camo-digital-game-call-with-tx1000-remote-control/. I have used it twice, both times crow hunting. Didn't get a crow…not the caller's fault, it's really nice. Crows are the smartest bird in North America, so I'm told. Crafty buggers.

Why a Foxpro X2s?
  • First off, allpredatorcalls.com will custom load, for free, the calls you want from Foxpro's database. I suggest you call them. Very nice people, and no, I don't work for them.
  • I went with a Foxpro because they are USA made and have a 5yr warranty
  • Look at Foxpro's comparison chart here: https://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/product-comparison-chart
    • I have read on most forums and reviews to get a model with a TX1000 remote. More range than it is listed for (so I'm told, with straight line of sight), great screen, great buttons
    • Has the two most useful features: FOXBANG (changes sound after the shot), FOXFUSION (able to mix sounds)
    • I live in MN, so it's cold. The X2s has a big rechargeable lithium battery, which, I'm told, works better in the cold. It worked for 6+ hours at 25-30 degrees.
Now I can't tell you about the quality of the hog or coyote sounds. I am going to try coyote hunting soon. I can tell you the unit is LOUD if you want it to be.

Hopefully this is helpful.

looking forward to seeing your results with the yotes and hogs! im hearing that the only one thats good with hogs is the bullet hp, but im not sure if thats because of the hardware or just the sounds. i dont get to hunt often so would like to increase my odds as much as i can for each trip lol.
So, I am just very slightly ahead of you by the fact that I recently went through this thought process. I am a e-caller noob, however. I bought this: https://allpredatorcalls.com/foxpro-x2s-kryptek-camo-digital-game-call-with-tx1000-remote-control/. I have used it twice, both times crow hunting. Didn't get a crow…not the caller's fault, it's really nice. Crows are the smartest bird in North America, so I'm told. Crafty buggers.

Why a Foxpro X2s?
  • First off, allpredatorcalls.com will custom load, for free, the calls you want from Foxpro's database. I suggest you call them. Very nice people, and no, I don't work for them.
  • I went with a Foxpro because they are USA made and have a 5yr warranty
  • Look at Foxpro's comparison chart here: https://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/product-comparison-chart
    • I have read on most forums and reviews to get a model with a TX1000 remote. More range than it is listed for (so I'm told, with straight line of sight), great screen, great buttons
    • Has the two most useful features: FOXBANG (changes sound after the shot), FOXFUSION (able to mix sounds)
    • I live in MN, so it's cold. The X2s has a big rechargeable lithium battery, which, I'm told, works better in the cold. It worked for 6+ hours at 25-30 degrees.
Now I can't tell you about the quality of the hog or coyote sounds. I am going to try coyote hunting soon. I can tell you the unit is LOUD if you want it to be.

Hopefully this is helpful.

looking forward to seeing your results with the yotes and hogs! im hearing that the only one thats good with hogs is the bullet hp, but im not sure if thats because of the hardware or just the sounds. i dont get to hunt often so would like to increase my odds as much as i can for each trip lol.
Going to be a while before I hog hunt, as there aren't any in MN (I don't think). I don't know a darn thing about hogs. Coyote, however, has no season in MN and is shootable anytime. Just got an AR for that very reason. I almost hope I don't like it, because I could see myself getting into thermal $$$$$$$$$$$. 👀

New to calling. i would like the ability to call in both coyotes and hogs. is there a e call that does both relatively well? probably would only get one call so would like it to have the ability to get new sounds and get updates going forward. budget is $500. TIA!
Pretty hard to beat Foxpro or Lucky Duck for an Ecall. Pick the one that fits your budget and you will be set. $300-$500 will get a solid call from either company. Asking which company is better is just another Brand A vs Brand B debate. I like Foxpro because of their customer service. My father has owned one of their calls since early 2000s so I have hunted over it a bit. I am currently running the FP Hammer Jack. I wish I would have went with the Fusion or the Shockwave to be honest.

I will also echo getting your call from a place like All Predator Calls. You can get exactly the sounds you want. Unless you want calls like moose snort or alligator baby.. ;)

Reactions: Mindreader1
do they work pretty well for hogs too?
Pretty hard to beat Foxpro or Lucky Duck for an Ecall. Pick the one that fits your budget and you will be set. $300-$500 will get a solid call from either company. Asking which company is better is just another Brand A vs Brand B debate. I like Foxpro because of their customer service. My father has owned one of their calls since early 2000s so I have hunted over it a bit. I am currently running the FP Hammer Jack. I wish I would have went with the Fusion or the Shockwave to be honest.

I will also echo getting your call from a place like All Predator Calls. You can get exactly the sounds you want. Unless you want calls like moose snort or alligator baby.. ;)