• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes vertex viper scope reviews

captain zeke

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2008
Crawford Ga
Have been looking at the vortex series of scopes just whated to here some reviews from everyone who has one .If they like them or dislike them !!
Thanks
Isaac

Re: vertex viper scope reviews

Scott at Liberty Optics loves them. I have the mildot version coming in about a week and a half and can't wait to see it in person.

The glass is good and the fit and finish is on par with the cost (I mean that in a good way.) if they only offered mil turrets and an enhanced mildot (with 1/2 Mil hashes of some sort) I'd certainly consider buying one again.

In their price point the vipers are a good scope. Apparently rather than capitalize on that with their "tactical" scope, they've decided to try and compete with NF and IOR in the $1300-$1800 ballpark and I personally just don't see them taking much market share.

They are fabulous scopes for the $$. I wish I never sold mine!

The Vipers are outstanding scopes, they do exactly what a scope is supposed to do optically and mechanically, they look sharp too (such is admittedly subjective), they are worth the money. No illumination or fancy reticles but just solid damm scopes. More importantly, I've never taken a return on a Viper scope in 3 years. The most popular model is the 6.5-20x44 with the BDC, but the new mildot versions of the 6.5-20x44 and 6.5-20x50 will be here Wednesday! The knobs are exceptional too!!

Scott

How Scott, do you have any pics of what the low-profile turrets on the 2-7 and 4-12 look like without the caps on?

The 4-12 would be the bee's knees if they'd only offer it with an MP-8 or GenII style ret and use Mil turrets. As it is, I'm thinking the 2-7 might go on my next hunting rig due late this year.

Spoke to Scott at Liberty. Now have a viper on order.

If you want one, kids, call Liberty. Excellent price and customer service.