• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vertical grip for a chassis ?

MdQT

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2021
Wichita
Looking for some help with a vertical grip for my JP APAC chassis. I’m currently running an MPA enhanced grip. It just doesn’t fit the chassis perfectly, leaves a few exposed sharp edges. (I do love the thumb shelf though). Looking for something similar, maybe I have missed something surfing the net. An ideas would be greatly appreciated. Yes I know this is subjective to each person preferences but looking for more options the. A traditional AR style grip

Attachments

• C6E7F9F4-3AAB-44DC-986C-A32772B36BBD.jpeg
    C6E7F9F4-3AAB-44DC-986C-A32772B36BBD.jpeg
    659.3 KB · Views: 126
I use a MDT vertical grip on several chassis - you may look at the MDT offerings

Reactions: Dstoenner
0C1C8634-A6B9-49CD-BD80-241197F48CE5.jpeg

This was a cheapy AR grip I picked up at a show, ran through the bandsaw to ditch the beaver tail. Best grip I’ve felt.

Last edited:
I got the MKM Adaptive Precision Grip for an XLR Envy Pro I won. I haven't spent much time with it, but it sure feels good in the little time I have spend with it. It also has A LOT of options that go along with it.

My crossover vertical grip from MKM came in today and I was able to get it mounted to my CZ457 in an XLR Element chassis. It came with no-frills packaging and installation was easy as you'd expect. Here are my thoughts with 2 caveats: 1) I haven't had it to the range yet and 2) I only have the old A2 grip for comparison.

IMG_20220705_150349.jpg

I have bigger hands and found the hook on the bottom just captures my fingers without being a tight squeeze. If you have huge hands it might not fit. Its wide enough to comfortably fill my palm. The ribbed texture on the front was a little course for my liking but not a deal breaker. The back strap closely mirrored the geometry of my hand so there aren't any gaps.

There is a thumb rest built in but it wasn't wide enough to extend past the chassis; I couldn't rest my thumb on it. What it did do well was push my trigger finger out away from the grip and helped reinforce the 90 degree press. It was only a $5 upcharge for the thumb shelf so not a big loss. View from the bottom.

IMG_20220705_150527~2.jpg

Bottom line - looks like it will do the job well. I'll have to see if my opinion changes with dry fire and range time.

Reactions: SourMash