• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vertx Hyde Pants?

MarkLeupold

On board the .25 train
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Anybody have any experience with these? Anything I should know about them before trying out a pair (durability, sizing, customer service, etc.?)

Just got a pair from the tactical distributor pants. Wore them for 2 days. Already one of my favorites. Will be replacing my TD Carlo Rays

Reactions: MarkLeupold
Dude i regret only buying one pair. And not some delta stretch too. Everyone says they are even better. But Botach also has them on sale. 50 bucks shipped .

Is Botach a good site? Trusted? I haven't dealt with them before.

Also, I see theirs are only the Hyde LT's (the 5 oz fabric). I'm wondering about the durability of the 5 oz versus the 7 oz.

Also, I see theirs are only the Hyde LT's (the 5 oz fabric). I'm wondering about the durability of the 5 oz versus the 7 oz.
bought all my glock mags from them. they're good to deal with

Botach had issues in the past, but they seem to be doing much better since they moved distribution to Vegas.

I think they're order processing is a little slow. They got busted selling a counterfeit something a while back. But I havent heard any bad about them since. My delta stretch will be here Monday. I'll post whether or not they seem to be legit lol

As for Vertx pants, they run big in the waist & tight in the thighs.
Vertx has gone back and forth on their sizing. I love the originals, but of the last 5 pair, two were too short, and also to lean in the leg and seat. The three other pair were more generous in those areas.

Originally, they were a very lean/athletic cut (which is why I liked them), but lately they've been all over the place (too lean a cut, then too baggy a cut). Not sure what is going on with them...

FWIW, their shirts run on th small size as well. I’d order the shirts at least a size up. If possible, I’d order the shirts at least 2” linger in the sleeves,

Vertx has gone back and forth on their sizing. I love the originals, but of the last 5 pair, two were too short, and also to lean in the leg and seat. The three other pair were more generous in those areas.

Originally, they were a very lean/athletic cut (which is why I liked them), but lately they've been all over the place (too lean a cut, then too baggy a cut). Not sure what is going on with them...
Nothing more annoying than that. I had a few pairs of Columbia pants like that. All the exact same except color - they all fit different. Haven’t ordered from the company since.

I hold out hope that Vertx gets it straightened out. They are my go-to office wear pant (and sometimes when I'm out in the field under mild conditions...i.e. not standing out in the rain or negotiating ladder wells on a ship). This recent order is the first time that it was not expected (the previous order, the Vertx CS rep confirmed that the dimension change had been intentional). Too many clothes these days (cough...5.11) are built for the Pillsbury doughboy types, and not those of a lean or athletic build (one of the things I love about Vertx and Kitanica).

It would seem we are a minority these days...but that's another discussion.

So I have the pants. They came in today and I have tried them on after work. Initial impressions are good. They look like quality work, the stitching is all neat, the corners are all riveted for durability, they seem true to size (and they shouldn't change after a wash), and they are comfortable. They look good too, just a step above what I would call casual, but great for just wearing around too. Mobility is great from what I can tell now. I can pop a squat without thinking and my legs definitely do not feel limited in any way. The thighs are no worse than any other pair of pant I've worn and they are a more athletic fit, probably a straight leg or slightly taper leg pant.

Concerns: durability. It's always been my concern. The fabric looks like it may be prone to "tugs" (the little floofy bit of fabric that sticks out of clothing) if it gets snagged on something. The material is very light. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these. I probably won't be super hard on them (at least not at first), but we'll see how they handle being an everyday wear. As of now, I would buy another pair (probably in a different color, just for variety).

Their 37.5 "technology,"/VaporCore remains to be fully tested. Right now, I'm sitting inside (the house is a little warm) and my upper torso is mildly sweating (no shirt), but my legs feel great, so I think that's a good sign.

The pockets are pretty good. You have your standard five pockets (back pockets, hip pockets + right side "change pocket") along with a left and right side slash pocket up on the waist (fits my phone great, also AR-15 mags), and two dump pockets lower on the legs. None of the pockets are overly obnoxious and they lay against the pant well. The slash pockets kind of flare out when you sit, but that's not a huge deal to me. The hip pockets are a little tighter in the opening than I would like, and they could be an inch or two deeper, but they are still very usable. They also have reinforced openings so your knife/flashlight clip doesn't wear on it so much. There are also two zippered, vented openings on the sides of the pants for extra ventilation if needed.

Like I said, initial impressions are good. I'm excited to wear these a little more and see how they perform for me.

Reactions: MarinePMI