• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Very large Kentucky deer taken by bow this weekend

drmarc

ToothDoc
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2003
Hillbilly , Kentucky
One of the larger deer I've seen in KY, thought I'd share.

brumley_LS1-1024x768.jpeg

http://www.poorboysoutdoors.com/2010/09/monster-buck-shot-in-jefferson-county-kentucky/

Re: Very large Kentucky deer taken by bow this weekend

Good golly that thing is massive! Impressive bow kill........

That damned deer looks like a thoroughbred. Almost no fat on him and pure muscle. Hell of a nice deer, KY always produces some monsters. Probably one of the best states to hunt large whitetail in that hasn't been too over populated with out-of-state hunters trying to kill a booner. Sweet pic and thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the buck. That makes 2 I've saw from Ky this year that are nice bruisers.

A buddy that sits near me at UK football games is from Louisville and from what I understand knows the guy, he showed me some pic's on his phone that had been sent to him of the deer while being dressed out and the fella said it weighed 325 pounds. With the head and cape off of it it looked like a horse.

I hunt on family land in the Upper Cumberland region of TN. Drive some of those monsters south for this season. I need to get my oldest son to draw blood this year.

Them city deers sure must be eatin good! LOL. Amazing that the county that contains the largest city in Kentucky can produce such awesome deer! One hell of a buck for sure!

never saw a buck near that big.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokes22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That damned deer looks like a thoroughbred. Almost no fat on him and pure muscle. Hell of a nice deer, KY always produces some monsters. Probably one of the best states to hunt large whitetail in that hasn't been too over populated with out-of-state hunters trying to kill a booner. Sweet pic and thanks for sharing.

</div></div>

That's exactly what thought when I saw it. Wow, what a buck!

Really nice. Did that come from Jefferson County?

Yes it did, check the link below the pic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ebby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really nice. Did that come from Jefferson County? </div></div>

Sorry, missed the link. Thanks
Lee

Kentucky is really coming on as a hotspot for big deer lately.

hey guys...drive around that "land of lakes" area sometime....will blow your mind

Dam, that's a Monster. lol That's a very nice buck..

Congrats on the kill..

The beams are just plain impressive on that beast.

That is a very impressive buck. I have not seen many with that musculature, let alone the thickness in his rack.

Yeah that's photoshopped or must be from Iowa, Kansas, Illinois. Nothing to see here. There are no big deer in KY.
wink.gif

Damn, that is one monster buck! Does anyone know what he taped out at?

I live in in KY and never seen anything like that..right place at the right time I guess.

Damn that makes me wish I was back at Fort Knox again! Very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyabrams66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah that's photoshopped or must be from Iowa, Kansas, Illinois. Nothing to see here. There are no big deer in KY.
wink.gif
</div></div>I beg to differ I killed a spike in munfordville ky that weighed 157 lbs that was about.1 1/2 years old

Re: Very large Kentucky deer taken by bow this wee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyabrams66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah that's photoshopped or must be from Iowa, Kansas, Illinois. Nothing to see here. There are no big deer in KY.
wink.gif
</div></div>

+1

Re: Very large Kentucky deer taken by bow this wee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovain1932</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyabrams66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah that's photoshopped or must be from Iowa, Kansas, Illinois. Nothing to see here. There are no big deer in KY.
wink.gif
</div></div>I beg to differ I killed a spike in munfordville ky that weighed 157 lbs that was about.1 1/2 years old </div></div>

Did ya notice where he's from?