• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Very little windage adjustment (6MIL) in Steiner M7Xi and a lot in Nightforce (24MIL)

slowjunk

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2017
I am new to optics so I hope you can help. When I look at the ads for the Steiner M7xi 2.9-18 and the Nightforce 4-20 ATACR there are very different specs for windage adjustment. With the Steiner it says plus or minus 6 mils of windage adjustment for a total of 12 mils and when I look at the Nightforce I see they state something like 24 mil total internal windage adjustment but then I have read that there is only plus or minus 6 mils between the stops.

Does the Steiner also have a large internal range like the Nightforce or is there a significant difference in the windage adjustment range of the two scopes? From one post I read it seems that they are identical at plus or minus 6 mils between stops, but other posts and advertisements make it seem very different between the scopes.

I've had my Steiner on a couple rifles and have never had less than the plus or minus six mils between stops after zeroing. It's nothing to worry about.