• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Very Snipery SOCOM SOPMOD M4a1 Block II

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    Somewhat vintage but very snipery SOCOM SOPMOD M4A1 Block II AR-15 copy. I built this copy using a Bear creek arsenal 16" m4 barrel with an A frame front sight. This gun shoots awesome...sub 1/2 moa. Here's a video of me doing an accuracy test at 350 meters.

thumb_free.jpg

Last edited:
    Ok, I admit it. I posted this video out of sheer vanity. I impressed myself. My initial plan was just to put 5 shots on the 6" plate...that would have been great for a .223 at 350 meters, shooting into the sun from an elevated position, with a fairly strong and switching wind. But my first shot knocked the plate down. I had put five red dots on the large rectangle to serve as aiming points to sight in if I was having problems and to shoot the large rectangle as fast as I could at the end. When my first shot on the small plate knocked it off, it was a purely extemporaneous (look it up) decision to shoot the small dots on the plate. I impressed myself. I usually don't post these videos on the hide. When I make a gun for sale I post two videos...one is a function test running several different types of ammo loaded into one mag and the other is an accuracy test. This video is of the accuracy test and is linked to the adds where he gun is for sale.

Am I being Mr obvious in noting the Elcan is on backwards?

Am I not supposed to say anything?
    Makes it extra snipery. Especially when button-mashing the forward assist to make it engage Sniper Mode.

Actually, while thinking how did I do that, I realized that ELCAN has their quick detach levers ass backwards. Every quick detach lever I have, including Russian, have the levers on the LEFT side of the mount. I put the ELCAN on there just for the photo as the gun was for sale (it is sold).

Actually, while thinking how did I do that, I realized that ELCAN has their quick detach levers ass backwards. Every quick detach lever I have, including Russian, have the levers on the LEFT side of the mount. I put the ELCAN on there just for the photo as the gun was for sale (it is sold).

Its Canadian.

Of course its fucked up.

Somewhat vintage but very snipery SOCOM SOPMOD M4A1 Block II AR-15 copy. I built this copy using a Bear creek arsenal 16" m4 barrel with an A frame front sight. This gun shoots awesome...sub 1/2 moa. Here's a video of me doing an accuracy test at 350 meters.

thumb_free.jpg

Nice build! Are you planning on doing any of the other Block II rifles? I recently finished all 5 of the Daniel Defense Block II uppers, these are built using correct/original parts. The GL/SSC took my a few years to put together, it was a difficult build!

Top to bottom:
    M4A1 FSP
    M4A1
    GL/SSC
    MK18 FSP
    MK18

Hg9eWrQ.jpeg

Legit GL/SSC and MK18 FSP rails:

bCKD2Q3.jpeg

thumb_free.jpg

Who'se handguard is that? It looks like a LaRue but I've only seen FSP cutout handguards from DD, MI and Centurion.

So is this thread a tongue in check joke; maybe poking fun at something I’m not in on? All great looking rifles - but if I read correct the OP said he used aBear. Reek Arsenal upper for that awesome build. And so far no one has turned on the flame- everyone knows BCA is third tier junk.
    So I’ll just chuckle a little and pretend to be in on it with the cool kids while I try to figure out how the three BCA uppers I have really shoot well, one a early eversion of their .450BM upper that become the go to family deer gun and just fucking shoots amazing; cause we all know they are junk- don’t we???

And please note not throwing any shade on OP- great build - just with the backwards elcan and such I’m just not sure what’s happening.