• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Very Superficial VP9 RMR Optic Plate Comparison

NighthawkCG

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2017
I didn't set out to do a written comparison when I started this so I only have two pictures with different plates on the slide. The pictures aren't perfectly aligned or in focus, but it will give folks a general idea.

Optics Plate on Left: EGW VP9 OR optic plate for RMR. This plate was the first plate I received. It fit pretty well on the slide. Finish looked good, but didn't match the VP9 original finish. It was a bit more matte and rougher comparatively to the HK plate. The side edges seemed to stick out more and be a bit more square.

Optics Plate on Right: Factory HK #2 optic plate for RMR. Thanks to @Choid for this plate. Thought it got lost in the mail for bit there, but it eventually made its way here to compare. The plate mounts just as tight if not just a hair tighter and the overall fit and finish match the slide better, IMO. The side edges seem to blend a bit more.

When mounted, the HK plate is a bit thinner and therefore lets the RMR get down just a bit more. You can see this in the pictures when looking at the front and back of the optic. It is a slightly different angle, but it is clearly different. It also centers the RMR up in the cut where the EGW plate has it towards the back edge.

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 7.00.02 PM.png

Like I said, I never set out to do an official comparison so I didn't measure dimensions before mounting, etc. It wasn't until after I mounted the HK plate that I noticed the differences in position. Its not a scientific study and this is my first optic on a pistol so take the comparison at that. I just figured I would share as I the HK plate is unobtainum right now and the EGW plate is relatively new with very little info out there.