• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Very, Very Basic PRS Rifle Rear Tripod Question

rogerg12

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2020
Palm Harbor, FL
I keep hearing PRS competitors discuss needing a rear rifle tripod for some of the PRS stations. I went to one PRS contest but I didn't see any stations needing a rear rifle tripod. Can someone elaborate on the need to have a rear rifle tripod for PRS contests? And are these tripods essentially the same type of tripod that you might use for a regular, standing spotting scope or rifle...but not fully extended to standing height or specialized shorter tripods? I apologize in advance for this very simple set of questions...but I can't find my answer searching on the Internet.

Same exact tripod you might use for spotting. Just used to steady the gun when a bag is not stable. Here’s a pretty good pic. I think MDT has a video on it if you search. Practice before you try it under time stress.

Attachments

• 14D8188F-1AC2-4D95-A317-0B73D3997AE2.jpeg
    14D8188F-1AC2-4D95-A317-0B73D3997AE2.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: rogerg12