• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Veterans discounts

Lynn313

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2018
There’s a lot of Merchants showing appreciation for your service. Here’s a few I’m listing. Please add to the list and let them know you appreciate it. Help me discover others in our shooting industry that shows appreciation.

Manners Stocks: 10%
Seekins Precision: 10%
Carrhart: 25%
Lowes: 10%
Home Depot: 10%

Reactions: 143lrsd
28B87BBD-43F9-4A78-8937-46EF82DFFE6B.jpeg

Ford $500 anytime retired military and I think in June for all vets.

Reactions: Lynn313
Wtf do you need a discount for serving? I volunteered... Were you drafted?

Why do you feel the need to post the thanks these companies do give you, to the public?

I don’t need a discount. I do appreciate it very much. It’s a very big change in the way we were treated in the early 70’s. Something you never experienced.

I post it to thank people like Tom Manners and Glen Seekins for recognizing & thanking us for the work we were willing to do. And it damn sure wasn’t for the big money we were paid.

If you knew much you would not ask if I was drafted as the Marines were the only branch during the Vietnam Era that wasn’t supported by the draft. There was also a time when there wasnt a need for different MOSs for Recons as we were trained to do it all.

Last edited:
Yeah, no biggie showing appreciation. That's cool and all.

Where the issue arises is, when a "disgruntled veteran" gets butthurt that a certain company doesn't offer Mil (or LE) discounts. So they go on a B* fit to tell others to avoid certain companies because of it...

..... @Huskydriver decided to be a little salty with his comment ... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

bro your never this salty, did someone out shoot you with a savage this weekend?

Lol happens all the time... Savages are just as good if you do your part. 😂

I am so over the whole entitled veteran mentality I see today and it's usually the guys who didn't do shit when you chat em up a bit... I feel like the whole quiet professionalism is going away and it's gimmie gimmie gummie cuz I am entitled to it just because I served crying cuz they didn't get their discounted xyz....

Then you got guys like @NoLegs24 ... Got handed a shit sammich but he's out there eating it everyday like a boss not letting it hold him back. Both types end up getting lumped into the same bucket of veteran but only one should be getting a perk not because he is entitled to it, but out of respect for the sacrifice that he was called on to make...

Not saying this is you @Lynn313 and I respect your service if you did in fact serve. Fyi Marines were drafted in Vietnam just a lil history fact again not disputing your service...

Guys, somebody offered a discount take it. Say (or think) thanks. If you can't think of what to do with the savings ask ArmyJerry.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
You're starting to see a new type of veteran around. And I'm not talking about anyone here specifically, but they are going to cost the country a lot of money over the next several decades.

I've been seeing a ton of people that are all about being a "veteran" and using the system, but when you ask them about their service, it's basically a failure to conform, boot camp fail out. So they contributed nothing, but now they're taking up all the appointments and collecting disability. Kind of the reason Trump changed the military policy on gender reassignment surgery in the military. The process was set up to take so long and require so many hoops to be jumped through, that in a four year enlistment, the person wouldn't have accomplished anything else, and basically that news had made it into that community and we were getting a lot of people enlisting just to do a minimum tour and get a free surgery without doing any work or any deployments. Wow, don't know how I got there.

Real veterans that contributed, my hats off. I salute your service.

These turds that couldn't complete an initial enlistment because they couldn't follow rules, not so much.

ExpertVoice offers many companies .mil discounts from smartwool, to Leatt, to Bushnell, USO, etc.

Leupold has a great .mil program.

Nightforce (not that great)

DTA

Langmuir Systems plasma tables.

WoodMaxx tractor attachments.

Not all inclusive, just random ones that came to mind.

I'm in the boat of if a company offers it, great but will not bitch, whine and act like a bitch if they don't. I'm retired and work at a local shop part time, only had one person ask and when denied acted like a child. (nothing on firearms currently)

My issue with the abuse of veteran privileges is actually not about the discounts... If a company or product wants to give a discount that is their business and it is really out of my lane to police who or how they do it.

My issue is companies, especially start up companies that like to throw around the "a portion of all proceeds go to X veterans charitable organization" with out ever divulging what amount of the proceeds go to the organization... is it 50% or is it 0.0000050% and of what? Gross profit, net profit, total ticket..... this is in my opinion a far more egregious abuse.

Reactions: diverdon
Not a Veteran,

But I've been bitched at for not giving Brenda's their husbands vet discount in the past, and I don't mean only his was discounted he wasn't even there.

Thank you for your cervix, Brenda.

#hardestjob #depends #jodysgirl
(Why do they love "hash tags"?)

Hi,

Ok so I get where @Huskydriver is coming from though.

Here is my take on the issue; from both a Veteran and Company owner..

We have no problem at all offering Veterans a discount but it gets old and to the point of being disrespectful when it is ASKED for as if it is owed to them.
I have never once asked any company or business for a Veterans discount, not even for a damn scrambled egg at Cracker Barrel, lol.
I need Thanks from none because the USA Gov Thanked me more than any person or company could ever do....They gave me my USA Citizenship!!

Real life examples:
Potential Customer A sends email asking about expected release time for my rifles and in the exact same email he asks "How much is the Veteran discount"?....BEFORE he even knows the price of the damn rifle to begin with.
So I tell sales guy to ask for his documents.
Potential Customer about loses his ever loving mind that his service was being questioned.
So that pretty much tells me all I need to know about his Service and the discount he will not be getting offered.

Potential Customer B sends email asking for expected rifle cost and production timeline.
Sales guy sends him the information with a question of "Are you a Veteran or Active Duty or LEO".
Potential B replies back with his documents...withOUT asking a fucking thing about what his discount would be.

All of my guys have standing orders to forward me any inquiry where the Potential Customer says I cannot provide documents due to my job being classified. I handle all those personally. Some are hilarious and some are just batshit crazy, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with companies who want to thank those who served a veteran discount, regardless of their capacity, but I do have a problem with people who never served knowing about the discounts and telling vendors they were in the military just to get "veteran pricing".

Lol happens all the time... Savages are just as good if you do your part. 😂

I am so over the whole entitled veteran mentality I see today and it's usually the guys who didn't do shit when you chat em up a bit... I feel like the whole quiet professionalism is going away and it's gimmie gimmie gummie cuz I am entitled to it just because I served crying cuz they didn't get their discounted xyz....

Then you got guys like @NoLegs24 ... Got handed a shit sammich but he's out there eating it everyday like a boss not letting it hold him back. Both types end up getting lumped into the same bucket of veteran but only one should be getting a perk not because he is entitled to it, but out of respect for the sacrifice that he was called on to make...

Not saying this is you @Lynn313 and I respect your service if you did in fact serve. Fyi Marines were drafted in Vietnam just a lil history fact again not disputing your service...

If you think there’s something wrong with being thanked for serving just keep your mouth shut and walk away. Some older Vets have experienced a time when you were not appreciated. I don’t need thanks. The Corp did more for me than I ever did for them. That doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate what a positive change to respecting veterans that has occurred during your lifetime. And being grateful is a trait I’ll never apologize for.
I started this as a positive thread. It has become unpleasant. I’ve also found one like it already exists.
I joined in Mar-1972 at 17 and did not serve with any draftees that I am aware of. I started as a grunt.

Reactions: Sandhog308
I am grateful for all who served. We offer a Veteran and first responder discount of at least 10%, sometimes more. That is good for all products we carry.

Thank you for very much. It’s not that I think we deserve it, but it is a real appreciation for being respected. After reading the comments it may mean more to those who have lived through a very different era.

If you think there’s something wrong with being thanked for serving just keep your mouth shut and walk away. Some older Vets have experienced a time when you were not appreciated. I don’t need thanks. The Corp did more for me than I ever did for them. That doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate what a positive change to respecting veterans that has occurred during your lifetime. And being grateful is a trait I’ll never apologize for.
I started this as a positive thread. It has become unpleasant. I’ve also found one like it already exists.
I joined in Mar-1972 at 17 and did not serve with any draftees that I am aware of. I started as a grunt.

I don't have a problem with being thanked. I don't have a problem with companies offering a discount if they offer it but it shouldn't be this thing we post percentages of essentially ranking what companies give the best discount. It looks gross but do you playa

I explained my position and came in a little hot no disrespect intended to you personally.

Take your IDs pics down before some antifa clown takes that info Lynn

Reactions: 308pirate
Not a Veteran,

But I've been bitched at for not giving Brenda's their husbands vet discount in the past, and I don't mean only his was discounted he wasn't even there.

Thank you for your cervix, Brenda.

#hardestjob #depends #jodysgirl
(Why do they love "hash tags"?)
#Bremelos*

*If you ever served in the Navy in Washington's Kitsap Peninsula (Bangor Sub Base/PSNS/Naval Base Kitsap) you know what I'm talking about

I ask, if they do offer a discount cool. If they don’t cool. I don’t demand anything. If they ask for proof, I send them EVERYTHING as a PDF so there is no doubt about my service.

The biggest reason I ask is I am unable to work, because of my service connected injuries. Haven’t been able to since 2008 and money is always tight. In some cases the discount is the deciding factor in whether I can afford it, not whether I want it.

I wouldn't post your personal information on the internet to prove a point. Thank you for your service.

Thank you very much for the advice. I don’t have anything to hide and should have enough safeguards in place if my identity was stolen. Even though, you are correct about posting personal information. I should only care about what my loved ones know.

No thanks are needed. I received more than I gave. I needed a home & family.

Hi,

You may want to take down those pics. I willing to bet Wanda would have a fit if some antifa come and poisoned the water at the horse training center barn.

Sincerely,
Theis

Thank you......no better way to get a point across.

Like others said I got more out of the experience than they got out of me. I liked shooting and camping and they paid for that and college too. Gave me a purpose and more discipline when I was younger.

That said, who doesn’t like getting 10% off lumber or 1/3 off binoculars. Many optic manufacturers will give vets deep discounts (20% to even 35% off).

While I have a strong dislike for people who ask for veteran discounts (and active duty that travel in uniform), I do appreciate companies that give veteran discounts and make use of them if offered to me. I am willing to return the favor by saying advertising for them a little. Exo Mountain Gear gives a discount and makes great packs. Moosejaw, Apple, and Nightforce are a few other companies I have used that give discounts.

My take on it is this. Society does not owe me jack shit for my service, I signed a contract and knew what I was getting into. I include VA benefits in this and personally refused to file a disability claim as the aches and pains I have do not limit me, even though they do get damned annoying at times (for the recorded, I don't have a problem with people who do file for benefits so long as they are honest). However, a society that does not appreciate its defenders is in danger of being subjugated, so I'm glad for real appreciation and I like to see society giving to those who served. I have also seen good men degrade themselves chasing VA disability ratings and buying into the entitlement bull shit.

I get tired of glad-handed thanks with no reason for it and being put on a pedestal. I like to tell people, some of the best people I have ever had the honor of working which where in the military; but so where some of the worst people I have ever rubbed shoulders with. Like others on this thread, I dislike the entitled attitude of some veterans.

I am both surprised at and disappointed at some of the comments here about any possible companies that may offer any type of veteran discount. Really no different, and no less deserved than the appreciation shown for first responders.

I spent over 13 months in the Marines in Vietnam in 67/68 time frame in I Corps. Not a picnic. 30 years in the FBI and did time in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Never have asked for any discount but always appreciate it when folks say, "Thank you for your service".

And the Marines did have draftees during that time frame. It was called project 100 thoushand. All branches shared in that program.

There are good and bad in every aspect of your daily life. Enjoy it while you can. It can be very short..

After being spit on and shit on by every POS draft dodger/drug user when we were returning from Viet Nam, any of us who served, deserve respect, whether a draftee a sailor, an airman, a marine, a coastie or regular Army. Some remarks in this post are a very bitter pill to swallow.

See, this is why I'm very fortunate to have only been in a shark attack while surfing..... or those evil squirrels while camping.
Depends who's asking 🤷‍♂️.

Always mess with their minds. A platypuse attack story could be epic lol

After being spit on and shit on by every POS draft dodger/drug user when we were returning from Viet Nam, any of us who served, deserve respect, whether a draftee a sailor, an airman, a marine, a coastie or regular Army. Some remarks in this post are a very bitter pill to swallow.

And “respect” is not defined as a free meal at Applebee’s or 10% off from an American gun company. Respect is intangible, it’s not free shipping nor 10% off.

I'm the OP on this stupid thread.

i just reread my OP to see if I mistakenly said something I didn't mean. The answer is no. Ive decided there is just a bunch of sensitive wussies on here. I should have expected that in today's world.
Not once was it ever insinuated we are owed anything. Am I grateful for the discounts? You betcha! Do I wanna be a grateful and appreciative person? You betcha! Most of these discounts are like Carhartts and extend to Mil, LE, Med personnel, & all 1st responders. Most of the people that use them are grateful & appreciative of it. You dont have to feel something is owed to you in order to be grateful and to let them know you appreciate the gesture.

I tire of all the bitching and whining by a bunch of sensitive babies and will not be back to this post. I'll leave something below that's not from me, but from a very well respected member on this site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A veteran - whether Active duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including their life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."

Always mess with their minds. A platypuse attack story could be epic lol

I saw the real footage when he tripped taking the trash out and the garage door came down and cut his legs off. Don’t let him fool you with those other bullshit stories

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
I saw the real footage when he tripped taking the trash out and the garage door came down and cut his legs off. Don’t let him fool you with those other bullshit stories

Why are you always raining on my parade?!
it was supposed to be a secret dammit!! Fake it till you make it!!

Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but EuroOptic has good LE/MIL discounts. Also, ArmOrAlly for Ballistic Advantage barrels

i just reread my OP to see if I mistakenly said something I didn't mean. The answer is no. Ive decided there is just a bunch of sensitive wussies on here. I should have expected that in today's world.
Not once was it ever insinuated we are owed anything. Am I grateful for the discounts? You betcha! Do I wanna be a grateful and appreciative person? You betcha! Most of these discounts are like Carhartts and extend to Mil, LE, Med personnel, & all 1st responders. Most of the people that use them are grateful & appreciative of it. You dont have to feel something is owed to you in order to be grateful and to let them know you appreciate the gesture.

I tire of all the bitching and whining by a bunch of sensitive babies and will not be back to this post. I'll leave something below that's not from me, but from a very well respected member on this site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A veteran - whether Active duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including their life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."

16bf98d44e79307914de07d044257f1f.gif

See, this is why I'm very fortunate to have only been in a shark attack while surfing..... or those evil squirrels while camping.
Depends who's asking 🤷‍♂️.

Hi,

I thought it was squirrels while surfing and sharks while camping but your clarification makes more sense.
So many different stories now....I cannot keep up, lol

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Step 1: call everyone else a “sensitive wussie.”

Step 2: write a giant rant self-PID’ing yourself as the only “sensitive wussie” here

Step 3: say you’re leaving and won’t be back

Let’s just all bask in the irony. Also, it’s 2020 and we just call people “bitches” now.

I did not see a problem with your original post. My take is it caught someone at an off moment and then took on a life of its own as that lead it into territory that touches a nerve for a multitude of reasons. It really had nothing to do with you.

As you don't plan on coming back, this comment is probably a waste, but I'll paint myself anyway.

I'm on here to apologize for calling anyone a wussie. I allowed the negative comments to upset me. This is not who I want to be. I'm also waaaay to old to let the thoughts and opinion the public bother me. I shame myself more than any of you can.

Reactions: Marbles
I'm on here to apologize for calling anyone a wussie. I allowed the negative comments to upset me. This is not who I want to be. I'm also waaaay to old to let the thoughts and opinion the public bother me. I shame myself more than any of you can.
You called people “wussies”? MOTHER OF GOD! Oh the humanity!!!

This man, my father’s Brother, is dead. Uncle Blondie, KIA WWII Italy, 10th Mountain. He received no “discount”.....

0C93F7AE-94EF-41EF-8BA5-C89CA72DE0FE.jpeg