• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Veteran's locomotive

Twitch2120

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2012
Atlanta, GA
every so often I am proud of my company showing support for our vets and troops. (1 of 4 hires is a vet BTW) these engines are stripped down locomotives made in the late 80's that a rebuilt with a custom cab in altoona PA. enjoy

NS69201.jpg

NS69202.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eAk2rWjG...mp;feature=plcp

Re: Veteran's locomotive

Twitch, awesome photos, thanks for sharing. Big fan of the east coast class 1s (NS/CSX). Nice to see big corporations such as this acknowledge the little guy.

Just don't go dropping them like the guy in the other thread.

I'm a big train fan and NS runs right thought the middle of my town hope to get to see this SD60E headed to Roanoke sometime.

the sd60E's will all be in general service throughout the system. should be much easier to find than the sd70ACe's and es44's that typically get held in unit service. the Virginian heritage unit was down on our end on a grain train yesterday. i was a bit worried when i heard there was going to be a red/white/blue locomotive as they have looked very...ho-hum in the past. this one i like a lot. love me some EMD's.

Nice pics, Twitch! Thanks for sharing!!

Some good friends of mine here in WV do legal work for NS...I'll be sure to forward these along with my "Good job!" for the fine folks at NS for doing this!

Thanks again!

link to a time lapse video of it being painted was fixed-ish. never can get youtube to embed

Great video, they shoot a lot of paint on them. I have the CSX track about one have miles behind my house and listen to them on a scanner. MM