• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Vibra-Tite Products

bwoodie

Minuteman
Mar 26, 2010
Kentucky
Does anyone have any experience using Vibra-Tite products such as Vibra-Tite VC3 or Vibra-Tite 121 on action screws, scope bases, etc. I have been using Loctite 242 (“Blue Loctite”) but I don’t like the residue it leaves when you remove the screws .
Thanks

In my experience the VC3 leaves a gummier residue than Loctite. I’ve used both on some AI QD sling mount screws, and prefer the plain blue Loctite. I don’t have experience with a purely vibratory application though, so I’m sure VC3 has its place. Do you normally Loctite action screws? I thought those were typically left dry?

Reactions: aljones_315
I use VC-3 also. It does leave a taffy-like residue on the screw. but that is by design. It does allow you to adjust, remove/replace screws without having to re-apply or clean off the original application.