• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Vibram" rubber shoes for CKYE POD Tripple Pull

pmarkov

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Bulgaria
As we all know, the CKYE POD Tripple Pull legs have wider diameter, hence they are not compatible with Atlas feet like the original CKYE POD.

I am not aware of any existing options for replacing the spiked feet of the Tripple Pull, if someone wants to shoot from sliding surfaces like smooth concrete, car hoods, wooden surfaces, or the calmness of the WC floor :cool:

I stumbled upon these rubber balls, which were made for attaching to the Helinox camping chairs:

https://helinox.com/collections/stability/products/vibram-ball-feet-set?variant=16668141224006

These are made to be put onto the feet of the chairs in order to add stability and to avoid sinking of the legs in softer grounds - mud, sand and snow..

It turns out that these rubber balls have the exact inner hole that would fit on to the CKYE POD Tripple legs after removing of the spikes.

The result is this:

IMG_5978.jpg

IMG_5977.JPG

IMG_5976.JPG

These come in different colors, but are sold in sets of four. So, the only usable option would be to buy two CKYE POD's Tripple Pull's, so that you can make the most of these rubber shoes...;)

The actual grip for smooth surfaces is very, very good.
Also, I presume that these Vibrams would outperform the original spikes when it comes down to deep mud, snow, sand, etc.

I hope that this info would prove to be useful to someone here...

Last edited:
What is the inner diameter, might be to grab some for my Accutac bipod?
The inner diameter of the rubber ball is around 21.5 mm. Being rubber, it can stretch a bit...

The outer diameter of the CKYE-POD Tripple Pull leg is around 22.2 mm.

Reactions: Eric32
OP, this is a brilliant idea. I ordered a set of those rubber balls and now have a different foot option for the bipod. They also work great for their intended purpose on my Helinox chair. Thanks for sharing the tip.

Reactions: pmarkov
Do you need the 55mm or 45mm balls for the mdt triple pull
As we all know, the CKYE POD Tripple Pull legs have wider diameter, hence they are not compatible with Atlas feet like the original CKYE POD.

I am not aware of any existing options for replacing the spiked feet of the Tripple Pull, if someone wants to shoot from sliding surfaces like smooth concrete, car hoods, wooden surfaces, or the calmness of the WC floor :cool:

I stumbled upon these rubber balls, which were made for attaching to the Helinox camping chairs:

https://helinox.com/collections/stability/products/vibram-ball-feet-set?variant=16668141224006

These are made to be put onto the feet of the chairs in order to add stability and to avoid sinking of the legs in softer grounds - mud, sand and snow..

It turns out that these rubber balls have the exact inner hole that would fit on to the CKYE POD Tripple legs after removing of the spikes.

The result is this:

View attachment 7696487

View attachment 7696490

View attachment 7696495

These come in different colors, but are sold in sets of four. So, the only usable option would be to buy two CKYE POD's Tripple Pull's, so that you can make the most of these rubber shoes...;)

The actual grip for smooth surfaces is very, very good.
Also, I presume that these Vibrams would outperform the original spikes when it comes down to deep mud, snow, sand, etc.

I hope that this info would prove to be useful to someone here...