• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vibrating case cleaners? Which one works for you??

Re: Vibrating case cleaners? Which one works for you??

Just be careful which media you use. The ones with polish can coat the inside of the neck and change the grip on the bullet. I have a Lyman and it seems to work ok. I prefer never dull and a small towel.

The big dillon is the shit, but I'm too poor and have the Frankford Arsenal one. My first one failed, and they gave me a 2nd one. It was worth $40 but the big dillon holds a lot more.

I bought the lyman. It was very inexpensive and woirks well.
I could buy 4 of them for the price of a 1 dillon.

I have the Lyman 2500, it is big and it works great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dillion is a good one. There stuff also has a life time guarantee. </div></div>

only a 1 year warranty

Do you have a specific need for a vibratory cleaner?

I use a Thumler's Model B rotery tumbler. I fill it almost to the top with brass, add 1 cup water, 1/4 cup 409, and 1/8 cup lemon juice and three hours of tumbleing later I have brass that looks better than new.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starvin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a specific need for a vibratory cleaner?

I use a Thumler's Model B rotery tumbler. I fill it almost to the top with brass, add 1 cup water, 1/4 cup 409, and 1/8 cup lemon juice and three hours of tumbleing later I have brass that looks better than new. </div></div>

A Dillon using walnut shell's and a couple cap's of liquid car polish will achieve the same results in an hour as you do in 3 W/O the recipe. Vib's will beat a rotary EVERY time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ted_D</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dillion is a good one. There stuff also has a life time guarantee. </div></div>

only a 1 year warranty </div></div>

If that's the case, I wouldn't buy it. Dillon stuff is worthless without the warranty, as it's far more expensive than its competition.

I got a vibrating tumbler from Harbor Freight during their spring sale for under 40 bucks out the door. Another 20 got me 25 lbs of walnut shell media.

Near as I can tell it's no different in quality than the RCBS that my dad has, I think it's the same company making everything in China and slapping different labels on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ted_D</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dillion is a good one. There stuff also has a life time guarantee. </div></div>

only a 1 year warranty </div></div>

If that's the case, I wouldn't buy it. Dillon stuff is worthless without the warranty, as it's far more expensive than its competition. </div></div>

from their site:
All the electrical/electronic components of Dillon equipment are covered by a one-year warranty from date of purchase

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content...ry_Case_Cleaner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ted_D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To many Vibrating cleaners to choose from. I was thing of a Lyman 2500 or a Thumlers UV18. Anyone have any experience with these?? </div></div>

I've been driving a Thumler 18 for about 18 years. I've had it run literaly for days while doing big batches. Most times I turn it on and go to work, then come home empty it and turn it on again till the next day and repeat as needed till done.

FWIW they started out to tumble ROCKS and they are made for the abuse that brass just won't give it.

Cheers,

Doc

I've run the Frankford Arsenal one for two years and burned one of them out. Midway paid the shipping both ways and gave me a $20 gift card for my trouble as well. I'll stick with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a vibrating tumbler from Harbor Freight during their spring sale for under 40 bucks out the door. Another 20 got me 25 lbs of walnut shell media.

Near as I can tell it's no different in quality than the RCBS that my dad has, I think it's the same company making everything in China and slapping different labels on it. </div></div>

This, and you can buy separate bowls from HF for it as well so just pop one bowl off and put a second bowl on it without needed to sort right away before polishing more.