• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Victrix or AI AT in .308?

HodotheFrobbit

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2020
Ideally looking to hear from anyone who's shot a Victrix rifle. I know they're ridiculously expensive but I've seen some s/h ones that aren't too badly priced.

Hypothetically, if you found a Victrix Pugio and an Accuracy International AT at the same price, which one would you go for? Both have good reviews, and I know a lot of it is horses for courses, but any opinions would be great nonetheless. Cheers

The Victrix are lovely rifles. They are very well made, and superbly accurate. But then again so is the AI.

The AI is battle proven and quite frankly hard to beats. It’s main selling point vs the two is the switch barrel ability, the residuals / resell value will be much better on the AI which is a bonus.

You can’t go wrong with either. On paper IMO the AI is the better choice. However, I totally understand the cool factor of the victrix and owning something that not many people have or even seen.

Is there a US dealer for Victrix? Looks like an Italian made TRG-A1. Maybe like a Ferrari? Sexy looking but really no better then a good ole Corvette?

They sure look cool, but I like the AT for what club said
Their website says ZRODelta is a distributor for them and Rome scope mounts. I see neither of the two on ZRO’s website.

I want to say they’re a part of the Beretta group.

I want to say they’re a part of the Beretta group.

Hi,

IIRC Beretta group sold them off, hence why Beretta USA is not the importer/distributor.

Edited To Add: The Victrix Armament website use to say they were part of Beretta Holdings or something like that. That is not on there any longer also.

Sincerely,
Theis

Euro Optic had them listed for a while. Was eyeballing the Tormentum in 375 until AI teased an AXSR50 offering.

Most any Beretta gallery will have them too.

ETA: If Theis' right, and Beretta sold them off, no clue where you would find one.

The AI has manufacturer support that the Victrix doesn't barrels, parts, accessories, and a US based warranty center (Mile High Shooting Accessories) home to the #1 AI armorer in the country whose also a well respected vendor in the industry with a reputation for taking care of their customers. When I buy a rifle in this price range it's nice to know that there's a manufacturer standing behind that product whose made the monetary investments it takes to provide that support should anything happen and I need replacement parts, barrels, or warranty service and AI does.

Beretta aren't the distributer any more as stated above. As for the comparison. I like the victrix quiet a bit more. The action makes my impact seem rough. Absolutely smooth as silk. The trigger is light years better than the ai if you like light triggers.
Besides that the victrix evolved from f class and bench rest rifles where as the ai evolved and still is a battle rifle.
I would bet on aftersale support would probably be way better on the ai. I would expect getting any parts for the victrix to be a pita.
With how smooth the action is in the victrix I would expect the ai to handle dirt better but I haven't shot a victrix in shit conditions to actually test that theory.
Personally I like the victrix more but by sales most people profer the ai. You would be happy with either

Reactions: HodotheFrobbit
Hi,

IIRC Beretta group sold them off, hence why Beretta USA is not the importer/distributor.

Edited To Add: The Victrix Armament website use to say they were part of Beretta Holdings or something like that. That is not on there any longer also.

Sincerely,
Theis

Good to know! Cheers Theis

Usually when a huge company buys a small niche boutique company, it is mucked up by the corporation. How to market a few niche items, by a huge corporation. Example. FN buys PGM and sells the company a few years later. FN owns Unique Alpine's market share in the USA and Beretta buys Victrix. FN and Beretta want to sell pallets and pallets of weapons. In the case of FN it was only trying to sell PGM and UA products to the US Army - at different times. It's pocket change for the big corporations, to grab these tiny companies. Lots of U.A. items have not been picked up by FN and the factory in Germany refuses to sell a Ballista owner a screw. The contract with FN has their hands tied.

Remington won the PSR contract and UA has been put out to pasture, by FN. Best hope, is for FN to pull a Beretta and PGM and eventually dump U.A. - for pocket change.