• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Video Banner Ads

Will Fennell

Sergeant
Minuteman
Frank,
I'm all for SH being able to garner revenue through banner ads, and I click on interesting ones all the time.....but these "self loading video banner ads" , for lack of a better term, are driving me nuts. They just start themselves up....LOUDLY.....and the most in opportune times....is there a way to turn them off in advance?

Re: Video Banner Ads

I have no idea what you are talking about, the only banner with any video I have seen is the SF ad, and to my knowledge it doesn't self load especially in the forum.

So not sure what video ads youre talking about.

So far I have had video ads self load from Pandora, Mucinex(sp), KIA, and others I can't remember. Biggest problem is that they don't load immediately......the start at random times.....usually when I'm on the phone.
Seems that they are always in the "site sponsor squares" on the right side of the page....if that helps. TIA

None of those ads are on this website ?

Take a screen shot because I dont have any of those companies represented on here.

Where are these ads appearing ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like you've got adware which is replacing the site's ads.</div></div>

Agree. It's all you man, time for some malware/adware removal.