• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Video comparison with the Night Goggles XLS (Elbit XLSH WP)

TNVC_Will

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2018
Side by side comparisons using a NGI XLS PVS-14 against filmless with no moon and 1/2 moon.

The purpose of this comparison is to show what you can roughly expect performance wise at two different price points.

1. Night Goggles XLS with middle of the road specs (not too low and not too high)
2. Filmless WP with above-average specs

You Tube link

Last edited:
Were you running any snb filters?
Per one of the questions a viewer asked and Will's reply, Will was not running SNR filters. If one of Jay's SNR filters was run on the XLS unit it would have cut out most all of the scintillation seen in the XLS unit.

Sure Shot Night Visions SNR Filters are the best filters I have ever used for improving the performance of a NV device. I have a set of older Omni 7 contract overrun 14's that get noisy as heck in a really dark environment. The SNR filter turned those 2 units into completely different units that produce a really nice image now. I am a huge SNR filter convert for sure.

Last edited:
It looks worse since it's side by side against the higher spec filmless and also because both tubes were at maximum gain throughout all of the videos. I wanted to keep it as consistent as possible. Just like any other 11769 it does better in low light with the gain turned down.

Posted it to the youtube comments but it bears repeating here....EXCELLENT comparison video.

I almost went with the TNVS tube as the price was VERY attractive but since I live where there is rarely any light beyond the moon and stars, I choked up the extra for a G3 WP filmless with zone 3 blem.

Reactions: TNVC_Will