• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Video Demo, My Barricade Bitch

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Okay, so after doing the Shooter's Mindset podcast / Vblog I decided to film my complaint to demonstrate the issue.

To clarify,

I agree with using a barricade and promoting the alternate positions, my issue is using this as a skill stage and not properly adapting the prop for people of different heights.

This first came up when the PRS Barricade Spec was announced and how the skill stage was designed. I had issue and expressed this in private. I brought up the kids and women aspect in response to growing the sport. That is the goal correct, to grow the sport.

So with that said, I think the video demonstrates what I am talking about.

As the father of a 13 year old who wants to start shooting PRS, I'm on board with this. She'll probably be 5'10 when she's done growing, but right now she's probably only got an inch on LL. I kid, I kid!

Frank I think that the guys making the rules and setting the standards were so much in awe of you that they did not want you to be a perpetual first place winner so they had to find a set of standards to let some other guys win. When your foot print on this sport is bigger than a bigfoot prank print in a aspen back yard you have to expect things like that. But they should be honest and call it the anti-Frank height and let the women and kids shoot at the best height for them to use proper technique.

Frank I feel you. Short people problems have been my life. I agree that there should be multiple heights.

Ya,

if the goal moving forward is to clean up some of the issues of the past, I don't see why this cannot be fixed... it's embarrassing for them.

To have "Skill Stages" that are not equal to all shooters is just wrong, it's not called the innovation stage

Ya,

if the goal moving forward is to clean up some of the issues of the past, I don't see why this cannot be fixed... it's embarrassing for them.

To have "Skill Stages" that are not equal to all shooters is just wrong, it's not called the innovation stage

I don’t CrossFit but know people that do. The benefit of “programming” a workout is there are lifts/events that are beneficial to short and tall individuals. They spread them out to equalize the two so there are no advantages/disadvantages depending on height.

I don’t see this as a programming issue like you. Just a simple fix like you mentioned above but that would mean taking time to fix/solve problems.

Oh and Frank, just bring a yeti cooler and step on it. I hear the PRS lets you modify stages anyway.... too soon?

I don’t CrossFit but know people that do. The benefit of “programming” a workout is there are lifts/events that are beneficial to short and tall individuals. They spread them out to equalize the two so there are no advantages/disadvantages depending on height.

I don’t see this as a programming issue like you. Just a simple fix like you mentioned above but that would mean taking time to fix/solve problems.

Oh and Frank, just bring a yeti cooler and step on it. I hear the PRS lets you modify stages anyway.... too soon?

Given Yeti's anti gun stance the best use of a Yeti cooler woud be to fill it with Tannerite and use it for a target. But only if the cooler was free as I wouldn't give a penny of my money to them.

I'm 5'8'' and run into the same issue. This is my solution for tall barricades at my local matches, we call it the Tactical Milk Crate. I'll be pitching it to area 419 soon for a prototype ?

Attachments

• 2019-04-15_08-47-09_962.jpeg
      2019-04-15_08-47-09_962.jpeg
      286 KB · Views: 156
    • Haha
    Reactions: RS14
    Ya,

Agreed. It's something that would be easy to address and should absolutely be changed to accommodate all shooters.

Reactions: Billiam1211
    I shot the gap grind with you when you were trying to make a point on this! Shannon and George just laughed it off. The milk crate they offered would have been a total time killer!!
    I shot a big dog steel match at thunder valley and could hear the guys saying "look that guys on his tippy toes!" I hear ya on this. Maybe shoot a video in that blonde wig?? That will get someone's attention!!

Reactions: Lowlight
    Turn about is fair play....

I'm 6'3" tall and some of the stages require to fold into some unachievable origami position just to get the rifle near a shooting position. Where's my allowance for adjustment of the obstacle?? How about the individual with a food blister that is too large for them to move into a suitable position?? Do they get an adjustment??

I agree with the premise that the COF, obstacles and barricades should be designed for the 95% under the bell curve. To do otherwise would unnecessarily provide relief that would potentially render the COF unchallenging or inequitable.

Adapt and overcome.

Andrew

Turn about is fair play....

I'm 6'3" tall and some of the stages require to fold into some unachievable origami position just to get the rifle near a shooting position. Where's my allowance for adjustment of the obstacle?? How about the individual with a food blister that is too large for them to move into a suitable position?? Do they get an adjustment??

I agree with the premise that the COF, obstacles and barricades should be designed for the 95% under the bell curve. To do otherwise would unnecessarily provide relief that would potentially render the COF unchallenging or inequitable.

Adapt and overcome.

Andrew

Easy fix.

Frank jumps on your back and you both run Bartertown.

Easy fix.

Frank jumps on your back and you both run Bartertown.

Does that mean Tina Turner is the RO?

I do see it both ways on some stages too. I have been on a couple port hole type stages and shorter dudes can sit down and shoot right through and I am stuck in some weirdish yoga kneel/sit thing and aren't near as stable.

My son has the same problem but he also has an advantage shooting from lower positions. The trend in MO is going away from the PRS barricade completely to a metal one where you have to shoot from 8 different positions in 90 seconds. I think you just have to adapt to what you are given that’s what PRS is about. I have a prosthetic leg and can’t move fast enough to get 8 shots of on one of these barricades I usually get 6 or 7 but I’m not going to ask for more time.
    4B003418-8D6A-448F-9787-F2D8EF80DC46.jpeg

The match directors in my AO have added available platforms for shorter shooters to use to stand on.

Bottom line is skills stages should be able to be performed by all. To a limit. For example,
    A little person, and a 7 foot tall guy They are just at a disadvantage. Nothing you can do about that.
    but anyone between say 4-0 and 6-6 should be able to do it. Id say it’s 99.9 percent in between those numbers right? Kids are my biggest concern here. I have a 12 year old daughter that can not reach the top position, and for her safety and everyone else’s, i do not let her stand on a pump pillow or bucket to reach it.
    can a shooter like frank do that and come away with a clean? Of course and he can do it safely. But asking little kids to navigate that is not cool. It needs to be changed. Maybe even 4 heights on each side. Pick two on each side and then go to the other. Easy.