• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Video demonstration of Vortex Razor HD 27-60 x 85 (New Version)

devldogs55

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2014
N. Idaho
I am no glass connoisseur, but I decided to take some videos with my Phone Skope.iPhone 7+ combo with my new spotter. I know when I was doing my research on spotters, there was very little on this spotter in the way of reviews and videos. I don't have a lot of commentary on these videos, but I do have to say I'm pretty impressed with what I'm seeing. There is a LOT of magnification on this spotter. I think I'm happy with it for long range shooting/spotting.. but for many hunting applications this scope could simply be too much.

These videos are all taken from a beach in Point Defiance Park in Tacoma Washington. Check the video description for more information. I am having trouble embedding more than one video per post.. so I will make additional posts.

This is the first spotting scope I've owned other than the free little guy that comes with Burris Fullfield II scopes haha. I'll probably have a chance to put them up next to some other spotters out at the range, but probably not in the same setting.

That's amazing quality.
I would really appreciate if you could get some image or viedo for 1000 yard splash target or steel target.
I have a cheap Vivitar and also am thinking about getting a real spotter.

This is the first spotting scope I've owned other than the free little guy that comes with Burris Fullfield II scopes haha. I'll probably have a chance to put them up next to some other spotters out at the range, but probably not in the same setting.

I certainly plan on that. It will be a month or two before the snow is melted enough for me to get to my 1000 yd spot though.

Wow, that was with a phoneskope? I need to practice more with mine.

What if you take video of people or object at 600 yards and 4000 yards? Just like another guy did in another Meopta thread?

this will put vortex in direct comparison with Meopta S2. Should be interesting to see. And I won't be surprised if vortex quality is close to Meopta.

I certainly plan on that. It will be a month or two before the snow is melted enough for me to get to my 1000 yd spot though.

I just bought this spotter and was using an older Kowa, which I was thrilled with....until I did a side by side comparison. Not a fair comparison but spotting hits at 1,300 was a breeze. Extremely clear and bright. I think in this market, if you spend $1,600 + your going to be happy. Quite frankly I wanted the new 95 Swaro, but my wallet wouldn't let me wait. This spotter is going to be an upgrade for most people looking. And it sucks trying to look from a store, so you have to bite the bullet and go for it.