• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Video Games

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
I need a new waste of time. My current stable of games is pretty played out. Done with Warships/Tanks/Path of Exile/League of Legends.

What are all the kids playing for fun:
I'm into FPS/RPG, however as I get older I'd rather not play online (almost every game is online, but as long as I don't have to interact with others--all is well--see diablo 3/Path of Exile) in team games as, well it makes me want to punch myself in the face, so lets avoid that. Something I can casually grind away at.

Far Cry is pretty fun, you can play online, but don't have to. The only online play I do in that game is co-op with a buddy.

Reactions: DocRDS
PC, Xbox or PS4/5?

Grand theft auto 5 is a fantastic game, Metal Gear Solid 5 "The Phantom Pain" is probably the best game I've played recently. Ghost Recon Wildlands was decent, and I keep hearing The Witcher is a great game.

All of these games have full campaigns offline.

DragonAge Inquisition was pretty good too. It's a very, very long game so be aware. I had probably 140hrs into it to finish.

Reactions: DocRDS
Thanks all.

I did DA:Origin, so I might give that a try as well as some Far Cry (Doc jr mentioned it as well)

Dying light was a fun game, and the second one is about to be released.

My two video game jams were one of the Soul Caliber fighting games(the 2nd one, I think) and all the Gran Turismo games up to #5. I haven’t played anything in several years though, one day I just had enough and put my controller down.

But I would reconsider coming out of retirement for a couple of pinball games in my basement. That would be badass

My two video game jams were one of the Soul Caliber fighting games(the 2nd one, I think) and all the Gran Turismo games up to #5. I haven’t played anything in several years though, one day I just had enough and put my controller down.

But I would reconsider coming out of retirement for a couple of pinball games in my basement. That would be badass
Look at a VPIN emulator setup.

Been playing around with lots of old school fighting games as of late. Soul Blade for the PSX has a pretty decent "story mode".

GTFO

Fighting games are Street Fighter, Guilty Gear or Melty Blood series games.

Generation Zero has been my main game for months. It can be played solo or as a co-op with up to four players total. It’s a FPS survival looter/shooter based in 80’s Norway where you’re fighting robots. Sounds goofy, but I’ve REALLY enjoyed it. Open world/sandbox so lots of exploring for loot, and the 80s vibe is amazing. It’s certainly not perfect, but it’s the best time I’ve had gaming in a long while!

Not play online? Nothing like telling a dude that just killed you (COD Warzone death coms) that his mom gives terrible head. I like to think that he screams back "My mom gives great head."

• Haha
Reactions: Boon20
Not play online? Nothing like telling a dude that just killed you (COD Warzone death coms) that his mom gives terrible head. I like to think that he screams back "My mom gives great head."

In a similar yet different situation, a coworker and I spent about an hour in game with some kid who’s sounded like he was in middle school who wanted to know “all the tips and tricks” for finger banging girls. My coworker was a bit drunk that night and proceeds to tell this kid some heinous shit he needs to do that will definitely not earn him a repeat invitation into some girls panties.

To stay on topic, I have playing GTA5 both online and story, Elden Ring which is a grind, a space game Elite Dangerous, Assassin’s creed 3 during the revolutionary war and black flag which is the age of pirates, and State of decay 2 which has you base building and looting during the zombie apocalypse.

I hated playing fighting games online because I could almost never get into a decent fight. I'd always get 1 of 3 types of players. I'd either get someone who's like the world video game champion who pretty much wipes the floor with me instantly. Or I'd get someone who's playing like it's their first video game they ever played and suck at it. And finally I'd get the bitch players that just wanna run away and block. The bitch players I would always quit on and look for a new player because I'm not wasting time on someone who in a fighting game lobby, but yet doesn't wanna do any real actual fighting.

As far as open sandbox games online, I used to love playing "Hangman's NOOSE" in GTA4. GTA5 online was fucking annoying due to all the obnoxious crybaby squeekers. There are so many compilation vids on YouTube of people trolling little kids in the game to the point they start crying and one of them actually has a short clip of me being yelled at by some kid's mother. That shit used to happen so often! Parents noticing their kids getting their shit kicked in and they take the headset and try to act like their little brat is the poor innocent victim. But I digress....

Also, fuck Elden Ring and fuck From Software for essentially making the same fucking game for 13 years!

If you want a cheap and wonderfully simple time waster on the PC, pick up “140” from Steam. The concept is stoopid simple, but in execution, it’ll kick your ass, LOL. Lots of fun for just $5!

The original SOCOM games were awesome. They ruined the later ones starting with the online only version.

Elden Ring is tons of fun. Definitely a good choice for solo play, and easily 120ish hrs to play through. Lots of things to do, it's by far my favorite game in the last two years!

Reactions: canezach
Elden Ring is tons of fun. Definitely a good choice for solo play, and easily 120ish hrs to play through. Lots of things to do, it's by far my favorite game in the last two years!
Same. I'm only MAYBE halfway through the game and I have over 100 hours in it. Playing co-op with my son and a friend is a ton of fun

The original SOCOM games were awesome. They ruined the later ones starting with the online only version.

This man speaks the truth. When shit talking would lead to 1v1 xroads under the bridge. Good times.