• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Video of a Hero

great to hear some good news!

but they let folks who can't swim become cops?
They sure do, even in my state of Fla. where water is everywhere. I was a water rescue instructor in my old EMS job and it was required to swim and pass the class to be hired. That lasted about 12 months until about 80% couldn't pass treading water for 10 minutes with your uniform on, and swimming 2 lengths of an Olympic pool. We were short staffed and after one 80% fail rate class that were sent home the Chief said "call them all back they are hired"
So off came the rescue swimmer gear and nobody cared. We were not a fire dept. "dive team" which is nothing but a body recovery exercise but it's a rarity to actually do a live rescue. Kudos to this deputy but she could have ended up as a statistic for sure. She truly placed herself in a life and death situation. Awesome job!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobo Hilton