• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Video of different types of mirage?

targetterror

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2008
Boston, MA
I have little to no actual experience reading mirage through a scope, as my club is not setup well for it and I don't shoot in the field. I've read tons of literature with various pictures of different types of mirage, but the mirage I have seen in person through a scope never looks like any of these pictures.

Is there some video (a youtube video would be perfect) that shows different types of mirage as they would actually appear through a scope?

Re: Video of different types of mirage?

I second this. I'd been wondering if there are any good DVDs covering windage since, as the OP put it, it's not a very static-image friendly pursuit
smile.gif

Come come, surely a young whippersnapper like myself can't have stumped the knowledge base on the Hide of all sites
grin.gif

Hang out in some parking lots or areas with a lot of heat and wind with a video camera and get back to us. I might partake in this endeavor myself.