• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

[Video] Police Snipers train for Super Bowl LIV

Doesn't look or sound like a .50
If not a .50 it's something big
1580402452734.png

That was a regularly scheduled Tacflow class on Sniper Response to Public Venue ran in the 2nd week of December.

Several agencies including some not associated with Superbowl security attended the class. Tacflow does include a block on The Role of the 50 Cal in Venue Safety and covers vehicle threats.

./

I can't imagine a scenario where a 50 inside the building wouldn't create more problems than it would solve. There is some frangible 50 rounds out there, but why 50? Maybe some local yocals want to show off their toys.

^^^ Yup, what Terry said... I was a visitor in one of their courses with some SWAT Teams from different counties in SoCal

Don’t worry about what weapon systems they use. Those that play stupid games will win stupid prizes...

And they use 2 different bullet traps. One from MGM Targets and the big one for the fiddy is called the MIB2S (Modular Interlocking Ballistic Barrier System) through KF Armory

At those ranges they could use subs and no body would know.

With all that publicity of sniper training, fans of rival teams may be reluctant to pick a fight with each other.

Super Bowl LIV.jpg

Reactions: SBE2
Just what I want to do, go into an arena unarmed with 100k people I don't know and sniper teams with 50 cal telling me it will be ok.

I trust thier judgment as much as they trust mine. It's not biased, it's reciprocal nothing more.

Hell no !

Just what I want to do, go into an arena unarmed with 100k people I don't know and sniper teams with 50 cal telling me it will be ok.

I trust thier judgment as much as they trust mine. It's not biased, it's reciprocal nothing more.

Hell no !

Exactly. Watch what happens if some idiot lights some firecrackers. The only other time that you would see a stampede of that magnitude is on a 1950's television episode of "Rawhide."

The stampede resulting in shots fired from a 50 will kill a lot of people.

I was not making a joke of using subs for this short range work.

Imho

@Snuby642 dude, wtf are you talking about?

For one, you prolly won’t even know where they’re at unless you have Binos trying to find them.

Bring me a statistics of LE Snipers using a 50 in such events.

That video is from a Stadium Surveillance course which Snipers need to be qualified for liability purposes. They have to demo all kinds of platforms, not just short action systems

They’re going to be shooting a 308 if need be.

The 50 is for armored vehicles/ hard targets.

Sit back, relax and thank them for their service whether they have to face F*k someone or not.

Evidently the snipers practicing think protection is needed but only on thier terms.

The snipers don't make any of the decisions you imply. Not even the decision to be there in the first place.

They got the opportunity to shoot in a stadium, so they took all the guns they wanted to practice with and gather data for and had a good day of shooting. Simple as that. During the game, there will not be a guy on the 50yd line with a .50cal rifle, nor in the overheard.

Ignorant fucking conversations like this are exactly why posting video of such training on the internet is a bad idea. The public is neither mature, nor educated enough to understand what is really going on.

Some of you criticize LE for practicing for potential situations because you feel its unnecessary for whatever reason like it gives them an unfair advantage over you or something retarded like that.

Anyone trolling this thread with stupid comments actually go out and get high/low angle DOPE to see how gravity plays tricks?

Some of you criticize LE for practicing for potential situations because you feel its unnecessary for whatever reason like it gives them an unfair advantage over you or something retarded like that.

Anyone trolling this thread with stupid comments actually go out and get high/low angle DOPE to see how gravity plays tricks?

There's no win when it comes to LE. Practice and use equipment that people deem "unnecessary" and there's outcry. Make a bad shoot because of inefficient training and equipment and there's outcry for lack of training.

There's no win when it comes to LE. Practice and use equipment that people deem "unnecessary" and there's outcry. Make a bad shoot because of inefficient training and equipment and there's outcry for lack of training.
I know. It's a conundrum argument that ignorant poors make all the time.

I trust thier judgment as much as they trust mine.

You people just confirm thier judgment.

I'm in control is all that matters to me, right.

You all sound like gun grabbing Democrats. Herd people up take thier guns, promise protection and pat yourself on the back while spewing self righteous acalades on each other for nothing more important than a game.

Only support 2a on your terms like a politician.

I trust thier judgment as much as they trust mine.

You people just confirm thier judgment.

I'm in control is all that matters to me, right.

You all sound like gun grabbing Democrats. Herd people up take thier guns, promise protection and pat yourself on the back while spewing self righteous acalades on each other for nothing more important than a game.

Only support 2a on your terms like a politician.
You're still locked in on this gun free zone thing. None of us are even remotely referring to that. I'm with you on the gun free zone thing: they're stupid. It's not a police problem, it's a politician problem. Get out and vote out the commies you disagree with. This thread was just a showcase on learning points regarding high angle stuff.

Reactions: Chasing3 and S12A
They'll be there because the stadium ownership, University, or other responsible entity requested their presence. That's the way this happens for every big venue.

Reactions: Mike4837
I must admitt to envy of your range.

I have to walk and climb on hands and knees to get those angles at the ranch.
Steps and elevators would be nice.

Were concessions open?

Having a gun free zone argument about this is ridiculous. The whole area is a soft target and nobody with their pocket pistol is going to change it. Being in an environment with 100,000 drunken fans who essentially hate each other is just a shit show anyhow.
You enter in an environment like that, you have to live with a police presence because its necessary. The easy answer to this is don't go if you don't like police snipers with glass on you.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Ding ding ding

How about my neighborhood.
How would you feel about glass on you or your friends?

Reciprocal? Mutual respect?

Last edited:
Ding ding ding

How about my neighborhood.
How would you feel about glass on you or your friends?

If I'm that stadium during an event I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. The hard part would be convincing me to be there in the first place. By glass, I'm also referring to spotting scopes and binos; they're not scanning with rifles.

Ya I don't participate as a soft target iether. Nobody in my family does .

Amazes me people willing to do that when they know what they're worth to the "players" as it were.

I have no delusions about my worth to others.

Reactions: gigamortis
@Snuby642 dude, wtf are you talking about?

For one, you prolly won’t even know where they’re at unless you have Binos trying to find them.

Bring me a statistics of LE Snipers using a 50 in such events.

That video is from a Stadium Surveillance course which Snipers need to be qualified for liability purposes. They have to demo all kinds of platforms, not just short action systems

They’re going to be shooting a 308 if need be.

The 50 is for armored vehicles/ hard targets.

Sit back, relax and thank them for their service whether they have to face F*k someone or not.

Thank them for their service? While they willingly violate the 2nd, 4th, etc all the time.

Lol ok

They shouldn’t have any equipment or be able to carry when a “normal “ person can’t. Cops and politicians both.

Ie ccw
Ie assault weapons /stingrays/ 50s/ MGs etc.

Just like the mob they (politicians) cause a problem then demand freedom and treasure to fix it.
Ie terrorist importation and sponsorship
Ie banning ccw than demanding a a bigger budget and more power when crime goes up

They shouldn’t have any equipment or be able to carry when a “normal “ person can’t. Cops and politicians both.

Ie ccw
Ie assault weapons /stingrays/ 50s/ MGs etc.

Just like the mob they (politicians) cause a problem then demand freedom and treasure to fix it.
Ie terrorist importation and sponsorship
Ie banning ccw than demanding a a bigger budget and more power when crime goes up
What equipment are they using in the video that is not accessible by you or I?

Reactions: clcustom1911
What equipment are they using in the video that is not accessible by you or I?
I was talking about all the stuff they have tucked away in their armories. Or stuff like retired cops being able to buy and own “assault rifles” that the tax payer can’t buy.

But to you’re point 50s are banned in Ca and silencers are banned in a pile of states.

Thank them for their service? While they willingly violate the 2nd, 4th, etc all the time.

Yep, more stupid from one of the usual suspects. It happens every time. A thread starts with some Law Enforcement subject matter and some dipshit turns it sideways. Then, someone like NoLegs24, Terry Cross, JHuskey, or another of us with real-world experience and wisdom instead of just internet "knowledge" comes along and tries to inject a little truth and understanding into the discussion and they get beat up for it, argued with, and accused of violating rights.

Just go away, man. Go be your little armyjerry self somewhere else.

Yep, more stupid from one of the usual suspects. It happens every time. A thread starts with some Law Enforcement subject matter and some dipshit turns it sideways. Then, someone like NoLegs24, Terry Cross, JHuskey, or another of us with real-world experience and wisdom instead of just internet "knowledge" comes along and tries to inject a little truth and understanding into the discussion and they get beat up for it, argued with, and accused of violating rights.

Just go away, man. Go be your little armyjerry self somewhere else.

???

77557df4aaa57c7d47a100969bd98e76.png