• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship video trace at 680 and 857 yards:update w/ pics

Re: good video of my trace at 680 and 857 yards

very nice and good shooting i love seeing these kind of videos its just neet to see what the bullets does in flight thanks for sharing with us.

Nicely done!!

The rainbow trajectory of the 308 never ceases to amaze, especially at the long ranges. Thanks for the video. watching trace never gets old - and it isn't always easy to capture

cool video...looks kind of cold
whistle.gif

Nice. Always cool to watch trace. I find it easier to see if you can position the observer/camera almost directly behind the shooter. You catch more of that horizontal twister cone.

Good shootin!

Cool. This vid shows the trace from the side. If you put the camera directly over the center line of the bore, you can see it from behind, where it is most effectively used for wind reading and shot spotting by a spotter.

BTW my wind call for the shot from reading the mirage in the vid was zero to 3/4 MOA right wind.

i could barely see your rifle but did you leave the stock black and paint the barrel and bipod?... looks neat. any pictures of it you could post?

video trace at 680 and 857 yards:updated w/pics

9h your call wasn't bad. 850 took 1.5 moa wind if i remember right. the 680 shots were around a half moa. what treat. i never get conditions that calm.

will post a pic of rifle tonight as requested.

here ya go -surgeon bottom meetal i just did with help from gunsmithing section
100_2217.jpg

made these myself- not payin $90

100_2213.jpg

100_2206.jpg

blackhawk stock pack ----nxs 5.5-22 NPR-1 moa/moa--medallist stock (huge improvement)
100_2205.jpg

Jerry's true purpose-
513yards.jpg

rifle yields average 0.417" three shot group at 100 yards with my handloads. seems to hold out to 950 yards, furthest i can shoot regularly. i do have one shot on the farm goes to around 1200 gonna have to start seeing what he does out there.............

Re: video trace at 680 and 857 yards:updated w/pics

oh yeah and i took off the crap trigger and put on a timney.......me like

What loads are you using to get out to 1200? Looks like an R700? 308? 300wm?

.308 WINCHESTER 178gr HORNADY AMAX (41.5gr IMR 4064)

2615 fps MV

gotta see what it does out there. never shot that far before, just know i have a field of view and a berm.

1200yards 58.4moa 1038 fps............like i said. we'll have to see what he does

Thats just cool yer gonna try it bud. I still feel like 600 is a stretch. Post some pics and stuff when ya do it. Is that projectile still supersonic at that range?

Watching trace never gets old.

not supersonic at 1200 at my altittude, but it is still cookin'. only about 100 fps under........goes subsonic around 1050 yards.

don't worry lawn, another 1000 rounds down the tube and you will consider 600 "very makeable". just time money and patience:}