• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Viet Nam era scopes ...

Rainier42

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
New Hope, PA
Decided to post this here instead of in the scope section since it will be mostly you vintage shooters who would be interested. Photo is courtesy of Connor at Celtic Rifle. From what I can tell, the only scope missing is the Unertl USMC scope.

DSC03381_zps51ae830a.jpg

Re: Viet Nam era scopes ...

Thanks, that is a nice photo.
It is also missing the 10x AO USMC marked Leupold. 50 were made. I know for a fact that one still exist. Can supply a pic of both if you could post it.
RTH

What? No PU?
grin.gif

Seriously cool collection you have there. Thanks for posting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rainier42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RidgeAve ... Realist scope used on M16 sniper rifles. </div></div>
M14's also.

Gunfighter ... yes. I guess we focus in on the bolt guns and forget about M14 and M16 snipers that were used.

Rainer, good point, BUT, the first semi auto "Sniper rifle" was the M1 Garand Delta model (M1D). It was used in Korea and early Vietnam. It had a M84 scope which is not in the pic above.... Great Collection !!!!

Had a guy at a show 2-3 years back offer up a Realist in a 14 mount for $500. Pulled my ART from under the table, turned the table over to the wife. Came back 4 hrs later.
smile.gif

@Marty@Badger,

Is is possible to get a high-resolution copy of that photo... I would like it for my wallpaper... amazing collection... Thanks!

And thats just the floor of his gunsafe, you should see the ones that were "special" enough to have a place in the racking
smile.gif

Terrific Pic theres a few obscure "blasts from the past" amongst those i.e Warner Swasey 1903, M82, FrF2 etc

I think there are 20.

From Bottom to top

Parker Hale M82
Walther WA2000
AICS with Badger Action
Winchester M70?
M21 with ART scope
1903A1 with Unertl scope
M40A5
M40
M24
AWP
SR-25 (M-110 Go this one wrong)
Springfield 1903 with Warner Swassy Scope
Lee Enfield No4Mk1T
SVD Draganov
CAR-15
P14/P17
Mauser K98
M1 Garand
M40A1
FR-F2

A couple might be wrong but that is one amazing collection!

Well the only two I have that aren't Sniper rifles are the CAR-15 and the M1 Garand.

So I am guessing that the CAR-15 is either a SDM-R or a SAM-R and that the Garand is a M-1D??

On the Mod70 @ right - I'd be guessing its a J. Unertl 8x 1 1/4 combination target scope, can't tell from that pic if it's of the USMC contract though.
Or if your refering to the Parker Hale M82 @ bottom of pic - I'd imagine it should be a Kahles ZF69 6x42

Brian ... yes, Parker Hale M82 @ bottom of photo, my mistake to confuse it for an M70 in a target stock. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Brian,
The M70 has a 8X Unertl sniper and the M1941 up and to the left a bit is also an 8X Unertl Marine.

Rainer,
The PH 85 has a S&B Greenie 6X its the scope trialed by the Brits, I believe the actual scope was Black but I can not verify that. I is also the scope that was on the original AI L96A1's that the Brits purchased.

Cam,
Bring witch one??? there are another 50+ that I could shoot also.

Marty
Badger Ordnance

Any of them! BTW there should be two of the prototype rifles up here with their owners at the match. I'll take some pics of both of them for you.

Bottom to top

Parker Hale M82
Walther WA2000
AICS with Badger Action
Winchester M70
M21 with ART scope
USMC 1903A4 with Unertl scope 8X
M40A5
M40
M24
G22
M110