• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vietnam M40 Stock

lmhans4440

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
Bismarck, Nd
Does anyone know who makes a replica WOOD stock for the Vietnam era M40's? I am starting to collect things for a build. I missed the factory Remington replicas a few years ago. Any info on these beautiful rifles is greatly appreciated.

Re: Vietnam M40 Stock

When I was looking I didn't find nobody with a copy or that was interested in making any other than Joel Russo and although he does super work I myself couldn't swing almost $300 for one of his. After his explaining the setup time for his CNC duplicator I surely understand why he charges what he does.

Only other option is finding an early 700P would stock from the late 80's and reshaping the forend tip to round and adding an aluminum buttplate will get you near exact same thing. A member farfyter or something awhile back had one in the Optics/ass forum for $200ish I believe but don't know if he sold it.

There is a picture thread on here that is not to old. The guy said he used an old ADL stock and removed the checkering. Then you also have to inlet it for a floor plate.

$300 doesn't sound to bad for a custom one to me.

Accurate innovations will make you a very impressive stock with built in bedding block, this is the stock Sc used in their MK40 clone a few years ago. Numrich arms also has an uncheckered BDl stock in their inventory, heres a photo of mine, you do have to file the butt to get a metal 700 buttplate to fit, although I am told a metal 721 may fit better.
M40005.jpg

Just read an article from an old smallarms review about building an M40repro. It mentioned using an ADL and cutting it up.

I love the look and feel of wood. How much would you give up on accuracy, etc if you were to build a semi-modern M40?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Accurate innovations will make you a very impressive stock with built in bedding block, this is the stock Sc used in their MK40 clone a few years ago. Numrich arms also has an uncheckered BDl stock in their inventory, heres a photo of mine..</div></div>

Is yours the Accuracy Innovations or the one from Numrich?

Thats a beautiful rifle, one of the few wood stocked rifle that I like, that the 1903, and the M1 Grand!!

Emailed em today, an Accurate Innovations M40 walnut stock runs $799..........um yeah......

wow they do have a nice selection, thanks<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marsox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Numrich has a nice walnut BDL stock with checkering.... </div></div>