• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vietnam War Ended 39 Years Ago Today

Re: Vietnam War Ended 39 Years Ago Today

Many fought the war for another 15 or 20 years.

I've got my step-dad on facebook now in a group of guys that did electronic repair/RR in Vietnam. Pretty cool that he's talking about it.
Not that he was in combat but he shares something with 2.5 million other people, and that is the welcoming committee he received when he returned...

TheWall.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IronMaidenFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">March 29 was the day the last soldiers actually left. </div></div>
That only works if you disregard POW's.

Please take that minute to remember KIA, POW, those who served and have passed since coming home and those who are still alive.

I remember all everyday and have since May 8, 1971.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please take that minute to remember KIA, POW, those who served and have passed since coming home and those who are still alive.

I remember all everyday and have since May 8, 1971. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pimpgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IronMaidenFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">March 29 was the day the last soldiers actually left. </div></div>
That only works if you disregard POW's. </div></div>

AMEN to both of those!

For some yes, for some no. As long as there is one survivor of any war I don't think that war is ever over. I can still smell the can sa just before the SHTF.

Coming in a little late, but God bless you guys.

The first time I saw my dad cry was at that wall. He looked up his good friend "Monkey" Stewart. I was 14, and I'll never forget it.

My brother and his friend were older, and went off on their own along the mall, I wasn't "Cool" enough so my dad and I went to go see "Monkey", and I grew up very quickly when we found him.

C_K