• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage Barrel testing

seanh

Fucktard Ring ldr
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
Houston, TX
I used to have some old Shooters Bibles or gun digest, don't remember which, that had some great write-ups regarding barrel length and fluting. I believe the dates are in the mid-to-late 80s.

With regards to barrel length, He was discussing Barrel harmonics, velocity and accuracy. If memory serves they were cutting barrels back I believe every half inch.

With regards to fluting it was number of flutes, shape of flutes and again Barrel harmonics and accuracy. If memory serves, it was a retest of an old comparison test from maybe 40s or 50s... Or late 1800s I really don't remember.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Trying to find the books but it's rather difficult when you don't know which Edition to even start looking at.

With how popular the 22s have become with regards to precision shooting I thought it'd be nice to find those articles again... keep coming up empty.