• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage Military Rifle Shoot

Flint62a1

Private
Minuteman
We ran another military bolt gun shoot today, we do this twice a year. Its open to any military bolt action rifle in as issued condition. Offhand, bench, and prone. These photos are from the last stage. I meant to get more photos but ended up being a line officer along with match director.
Mostly Springfields, Mausers with an Enfield and a couple Mosins.
We actually get more shooters for this than the across the course crowd. What’s better than giving these old rifles a workout?
6B60A841-F0B6-41BC-895C-7CE572CC5A08.jpeg
233A2403-7F76-48D8-8F0F-231B42DA5E39.jpeg
698F387C-A8AC-46B5-B5FA-AB56FAB1C4BB.jpeg

Yeah, that would be a bit of a drive for me. My wife's from Oceanside.
How far is Setauket from your location ? I saw a Rev war series called Turn about Washington's spies during that time that took place there.
Sorry to get off track of your post.

How far is Setauket from your location ? I saw a Rev war series called Turn about Washington's spies during that time that took place there.

I forgot to say we live in North Florida.

Very nice.

There's a winter historic firearms shoot in NJ that I've been to a few times. Most stages are at 50 yards with a few at 100, so "winners" are frequently decided by X hits.

Lots of fun.

Reactions: Pvt. Joker
Our range is not far from Riverhead, the very end of the Long Island Expressway. Setauket is on the north shore of LI about 20 miles east of us.

I want to visit LI one day before I leave as Iv'e become very intrigued about the Rev War over the last few years after seeing "TURN" and being a WWII amature historian for most of my adult life.
I had never realized how much LI played a part in all of it. All of the history books talk mostly about the big battles and famous people. I never knew of a spy network. The only spy I had ever heard of was Nathan Hale.

Again I apologize for getting off track on your post.
You folks are lucky to live in such a historic area of our country, except for the tight gun laws but thats for another day.

Joker out

Reactions: Flint62a1
I want to visit LI one day before I leave as Iv'e become very intrigued about the Rev War over the last few years after seeing "TURN" and being a WWII amature historian for most of my adult life.
I had never realized how much LI played a part in all of it. All of the history books talk mostly about the big battles and famous people. I never knew of a spy network. The only spy I had ever heard of was Nathan Hale.

Again I apologize for getting off track on your post.
You folks are lucky to live in such a historic area of our country, except for the tight gun laws but thats for another day.

Joker out
If you do get up this way give me a shout.

do tell!! where? when?

It was in January, so you just missed it. They hold it at Cherry Ridge Range in West Milford NJ:

It was in January, so you just missed it. They hold it at Cherry Ridge Range in West Milford NJ:

Thanks for the info. I'm marking the calender for next year!!

Thanks for the info. I'm marking the calender for next year!!

My pleasure.

This is the group that runs the shoot:

They used to do a bunch of events each year at different clubs, but things dropped off in the last year. Maybe send them and e-mail and they'll put you on their mailing list.

Very cool. Every December the club in Cheyenne WY puts on the "Frosin Chosin" match. It's also a toy drive. Gonna have to try it some year.

I've put on a few vintage matches over the years. We invite the local re-enactor regiments to come out too in full garb. Makes for a fun time.

Very cool. Every December the club in Cheyenne WY puts on the "Frosin Chosin" match. It's also a toy drive. Gonna have to try it some year.

I've put on a few vintage matches over the years. We invite the local re-enactor regiments to come out too in full garb. Makes for a fun time.

From Denver. Details please.

Regards
DT