• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage Pistol?

Re: Vintage Pistol?

TokarevRussian19406-22-2012.jpg

This is a 1940 Russian Tokarev.

Anybody know anything about a CZ-52 chambered in 7.62 Tok? I saw one in the pawn shop today and it intrigued me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aur0ra145</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know anything about a CZ-52 chambered in 7.62 Tok? I saw one in the pawn shop today and it intrigued me.</div></div>

Why yes, yes I do. Goes bang when you pull the trigger. Worth a couple hundred maybe.

This is a good place to start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62x25mm_Tokarev

Follow the links from the section on Weapons and Service Use.

CZ52s may be interesting, but have a number of problems; firing pin breaks, chamber splits, trigger slap, and they are heavy. That is why they were the cheapest gun in SHOTGUNNEWS for a long time. A Tokarev, OTOH, is the AK47 of pistols, they keep on working, and they make a great hammer.

Beretta92Sb6-22-2012.jpg

Beretta 92S
I have milled out the more common 92FS magazines to fit.

Oldest one I have. For now.
My grandfather's 1943 Remington Rand, with holster.

Vintage as it is, I don't believe there is a modern gun out there that will beat it as a pure combat pistol. If for some weird reason I was to go back to the jungle, it would be my first choice for a pistol. I've crawled on my hands and knees in muck, with one in my hand, shook the big chunks off and fired, it worked, never failed me. The only thing have that is close to it as far as reliable, is my Series 70 Gold Cup. Neither seem to care what junk ammo I shoot. And I've shot some crap cast bullets.

What's better yet, yours is your grandfathers.

S & W model of 1917 .45 acp left the S&W factory in February of 1918 and was shipped to the Springfield Armory

S&W Australian Victory model 5" .38 S&W

S&W Pre-Victory model 6" .38 S&W British Purchasing Commission

S&W Pre-Victory South African Contract 4" .38 S&W that was enroute to South Africa but was re-routed back to England due to the loss of arms & equipment at The Battle of Dunkirk

S&W Pre-Victory South African Contract 4" .38 S&W that was delivered to South Africa

S&W U.S. Navy Victory Model 4" .38 special (also Civil Defense marked w/ an Electic Pen)

S&W Victory model 4" .38 special