• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage rifles

sniperghost

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2007
I have a friend who has a Mauser M-48 and a Mosin-Nagant. He told me that these rifles have never been shoot, are new. The Mauser it's built in 1943 and the Nagant in 1945. He asked me if I want to buy them. I don't know how much are these worth, he wants $800 for both. Do any of you know anything about these rifles, and how much are these rifles worth. Here are some pictures.
Thanks guys

IMGP4295.jpg

IMGP3535.jpg

Re: Vintage rifles

This is a joke right? First off those are not the same rifles. Second, that ain't no Mosin Nagant! That bad boy is a genuwine SKS made somewhere east of Bumfuck Mybuttizstan. In the bottom pic the SKS is there in all it's glory along with a 1903A3 wearing a C stock and sporting a set of what appears to be Redfield sights (this means that a couple of holes were drilled in the reciever). The Mauser may be what it is said to be, and it's your dime, but $800 even unfired is a hard pill to swallow!!!

The 1903A3 is always interesting to me but with it being drilled even for a set of excellent sights, as those Redfield's are, has lost a bit of it's collector value. That does not stop it from being a fun rifle however. I don't think the A3 is part of the deal though, is it?

Not trying to be cute, but you are joking right?

No, not joking. I don't know anything about these rifles. The guy emailed me the pictures. The deal is only for the Nagant and the Mauser, I guess he wants to sell that one too, I don't know. He told me that, he will bring the rifles next week, so I could take a look at them.

OK... No Nagant in your pics. The SKS is worth about $120.00. The Mauser is worth more but it looks like one of those Mitchell Arms Mausers that go for around $300.00. From a friend you should be able to get both for around $400 IMO.

The 03A3 in the second picture could make the deal decent if you can get it with the Mauser for $800 for both, but that's even questionable.

A Mosin Nagant should be less than $100.00

Hope that helps...

You can buy Mausers and Mosin-Nagants here in California at Big 5 Sporting Goods for around $100 each. The 1903 may be worth a few hundred.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: negotiator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, not joking. I don't know anything about these rifles. The guy emailed me the pictures. The deal is only for the Nagant and the Mauser, I guess he wants to sell that one too, I don't know. He told me that, he will bring the rifles next week, so I could take a look at them. </div></div>

OK, as I said, not trying to be a butthead, but the deal you describe is not a good one even if the SKS's bayonet is signed by Uncle Joe (Stalin that is, and he ain't really my uncle either).

How can your mate possibly say these have never been fired?

If the dates are genuine (and these aren't late manufactured copies) it's hard to believe that anything manufactured around the time of WW2 as a battle rifle hasn't been used sometime in the last 70 years.

I always thought the M48 was a post-war manufacture only....not actual wartime production?

And as evryone else says - that is an SKS not a Moisin M91 or 44 carbine. Here's a bit of background on them before you get ripped off:

http://uk.ask.com/wiki/SKS
http://uk.ask.com/wiki/M48_Mauser

Those SKS's are going for $300+ on the auction sites. Hard to believe, when I paid $40 for mine SEVERAL yrs ago...The Mauser and '03 are worth approx. $200-$300 a pc. as well.