• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage Sniper at QSC

Defender3

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2010
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Day one of VS at Quantico. Not the best pictures as I was busy with BOD stuff, but some nice rifles populated the line. Tomorrow is 800, 900 and 1,000yds.

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

Last edited:
    I hope the winds were fair and look forward to more photos. I bet it was a blast!
    I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. I head up the club and visit the open ranges to ensure things are running smoothly and the RSOs are doing okay. Yesterday was our first of the season VS match so I ran out to take a couple pics, and of the steel challenge match we were running. We're finishing a major office remodel, so I wasn't shooting.

IMG_5576.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

I only took one picture today when they were on the 900yd line. It was sunny with little to no wind, a great day for the match. I did bring out two rifles, but just didn't have the time to shoot.
    IMG_5595-1.jpg

IMG_5598.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5595.jpg
      IMG_5595.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 32
    Last edited:
    A few more pic from this weekend's QSC match.
    We had a slight drizzle at the 600 yard berm on Saturday, but that happens.
    QSC_April_2023_1v2.jpg

M40A1 replicas with Weaver T10 (10x) scopes was perhaps the most common rifle seen
    at this match. The turrets and fine crosshair work well for this event. Here's one plus a nice M70.
    QSC_April_2023_2v2.jpg

Shooting partner with his replica M40A1 w/ T10 (another one seen in the background)
    QSC_April_2023_5v2.jpg

800 yard berm, Sunday.
    QSC_April_2023_6v2.jpg

Replica M40A1 w/ 10x Unertl, a combination also seen a lot at this match.
    QSC_April_2023_7v2.jpg

Most unusual rifle I saw was a Navy competitive shooter who had a SecNav "Trophy rifle." This is the first time I have seen an M86 up close. It's based on the old 'G. McMillan and Company' action...a long defunct company. They were SEAL sniper rifles back in the late 1980s/early 1990s.
    QSC_April_2023_3v2.jpg

Anyhow, I think a good time was had by all. The next match is probably late September, 2023.

Last edited:
    A few more pic from this weekend's QSC match.
    We had a slight drizzle at the 600 yard berm on Saturday, but that happens.
    View attachment 8122024
    M40A1 replicas with Weaver T10 (10x) scopes was perhaps the most common rifle seen
    at this match. The turrets and fine crosshair work well for this event. Here's one plus a nice M70.
    View attachment 8122025

Shooting partner with his replica M40A1 w/ T10 (another one seen in the background)
    View attachment 8122026

800 yard berm, Sunday.
    View attachment 8122028
    Replica M40A1 w/ 10x Unertl, a combination also seen a lot at this match.
    View attachment 8122030
    Most unusual rifle I saw was a Navy competitive shooter who had a SecNav "Trophy rifle." This is the first time I have seen an M86 up close. It's based on the old "McMillan Rifle Company" action...a long defunct company. They were SEAL sniper rifles back in the late 1980s/early 1990s.
    View attachment 8122031

Anyhow, I think a good time was had by all. The next match is probably late September, 2023.
    I appreciate you filling in the gaps for me! I believe we even had a shooter come all the way from Vermont.

Yes, one guy was from Vermont, several from NC, and one from PA. My buddy in KY couldn't make it.
    It's a fun match for those who can attend (& navigate the Visitor Control process for a weekend pass).

Reactions: Defender3