• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage Sniper Match this weekend At Quantico.

Cool pics, but I fail to see how many of those rifles would be "vintage sniper rifles"...what is the definition? Also, what was the course of fire?

Thanks for posting those pics Scott....Wish I was there....Think one of those A1's looks possibly like mine..Looking forward to seeing you guys here in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the pics! Some really fantastic rifles. I'm really sorry I couldn't make it.
Do I see a K98 in the mix.

Cool pics, but I fail to see how many of those rifles would be "vintage sniper rifles"...what is the definition? Also, what was the course of fire?

The idea is to shoot a "CMP" vintage sniper rifle, a Vietnam Era sniper rifle or any varient of M40, but if you show up with a modern rifle you won't get turned away. What we wanted to do was to put a match together so you can shoot vietnam era and cmp vintage rifles against each other, since we also like the entire M40 family we added them to the list. It's all for bragging rights and getting together.

The first day, 300 and 600 yds. 15 rounds 20 sec exposure 20 sec down.
Second day, 600, 800 yds 15 rounds slow fire. Then we moved to the 1000yds line 10 rnds slow fire.

The Vietnam era and cmp vintage shoot against each other and the m40a1-a5 and modern rifles are grouped together. The score card is annotated with what rifle you shot.

oedcam,

Thanks for the reply! Cool to see the course of fire, and neat how the various rifles get to shoot prone from 300 - 1000 against each other. I'm sure the Vietnam era and CMP rifles going head-to-head would be a real treat indeed! Thanks again. :D

I had fun shooting the match on Sunday. Look forward to the next one! Thanks everyone who helped put this on!

I see what looks to be a MK12 SPR clone. How did that do at distance? Also with what grain bullet?

I see what looks to be a MK12 SPR clone. How did that do at distance? Also with what grain bullet?

It shot great, honestly a lot better that I thought it would. The first day I used SSA 77gr at 300 and 600yds. It started to throw some shots. When I was cleaning it later I noticed the gas block was loose. Since its an early SPR it uses set screws on flats to secure it to the barrel, just like a match prepped service rifle. I tightened up the screws and took it out the next day. I switched to Black hills 80gr and it hammered on the 600 and 800. What suprised me was when we were at 1000. When I finally figured out my dope I was shooting 7 to 10's with a couple X's. Totally didn't expect it, thats an 18" barrel and it was pretty damn windy too. Those Black hills 80gr are bad ass!

It shot great, honestly a lot better that I thought it would. The first day I used SSA 77gr at 300 and 600yds. It started to throw some shots. When I was cleaning it later I noticed the gas block was loose. Since its an early SPR it uses set screws on flats to secure it to the barrel, just like a match prepped service rifle. I tightened up the screws and took it out the next day. I switched to Black hills 80gr and it hammered on the 600 and 800. What suprised me was when we were at 1000. When I finally figured out my dope I was shooting 7 to 10's with a couple X's. Totally didn't expect it, thats an 18" barrel and it was pretty damn windy too. Those Black hills 80gr are bad ass!
That's good to hear! I'm a big fan of Black Hills 77 gr. made me look better than I should more than once. I've never had a reason to use the 80 gr. but I thought it would stretch to 1000. I'd like to try my AR at that distance.

Thats my A1 in pic#5 (top one). Fresh out of the shop....Cant wait to pic it up next week! This is gonna be a looooong week!