• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vintage Weaver T-10

Gary Smith

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2005
Whitewood S.D.
While researching the Super Sniper scopes and running down leads on scopes for
sale here in Phoenix I came across a Weaver T-10 made in El Paso, Tx. It has very thin reticles and a dot, looks like it would make a dandy rimfire scope, but what
about a 30 cal. scope for a Mil-Spec. Anybody know anything about these? It is in
excellent condition in original black and yellow box. I paid $250 for it and I know you can't find much for that today.

Re: Vintage Weaver T-10

If you want a copy of the instruction manual for the El Paso T-10's, I could email them to you. Or post them here.

These were excellent scopes in their day. IIRC, they were the first to implement the "Micro-Trac" style of adjustment which some major manufacturers are using to this day. The old T-10 scopes were very popular in metallic silhouette shooting competition, mainly because of the way they held their adjustments up and down the scale. They will certainly hold up to .30 cal. recoil. Naturally, todays scopes with modern glass and coatings have them beat optically.

In case you're interested, Bill Ackerman at Optical Services Co. works on them. He does reticle changes, power boosts, and rebuilds some of the old T-10s. (915)269-9608 or (505)589-3833

They are a great scope mechanically and optically. I currently own 2 T10 with a dot as you describe and a duplex. Before the last significant other departure I had 7 T10's. They are my favorite P dog scope. Of the 7 T10's, 1 T6 and 2 T16's I have had I never had a bad one optically or mechanically. All tracked excellent and optically as clear as anything you can find for under $500 currently IMO.

The real downside to the older T models is parallax adjustment. It is a PIA if you are going to be shooting many random distances. Set at 3 is roughly zero parallax @ 100yds. In order to change settings for say 50yds or 300yds you must turn objective adjustment at least 2 full turns. Not easy and if a bit stiff a big negative as you need to move rifle, grab on and watch/count revolutions to correct setting vs. setting behind your rifle and slowly rotating obj or side focus. Time consuming to say the least if a different range needs to be set in a hurry. If you are going to set down and shoot at a set distance as metallic silhouette where you can set once or preset than no problems. Also you are pretty limited on internal adj., cannot remember total without digging out a scope but guessing it is about 60moa top to bottom.

What you pd with box etc is not a bargain but surely a reasonable price. In some circles they fetch as much as $350 but I have seen them sell for less also.

So, in short, they are a great scope, just not suited to some applications as well because of the limitations of technology at their birth in the early 70's.

Respectfully,
Dennis

Reactions: vwhugger

The total elevation adjustment on them is 60 moa. But 40 of that is up. (20 down)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lowprone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure would Chief my e-mail address is [email protected], Thank You! </div></div>

OK, I sent them to you. (two messages)

I could post them here but not sure if Frank would appreciate it.

The ElPaso steel scopes are still seen on the line at most any silhouette match, and with sillywet they get their knobs twisted alot......can't imagine how many times on some of the old regular's rifles.
Good stuff. I've been thinking of getting one for my Standard class Anschutz.

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it, think I will buy the 10 X Super Sniper for my Mil-Spec and put the T-10 on a old 25-06 BDL Varmit.
I am moving most of my household to a small town " 900 souls" in western S.D. this
week. The prairie dog shooting used to be very good, still have plenty of coyote.
THe T-10 will see much use there, AZ has gotten too weird for me.

Where in western SD?

When you say "The prairie dog shooting used to be very good" that is a very correct past tense assessment!!!! Coyotes in my AO have had mange real bad for going on 9yrs so the population has taken a severe ass kicking along with every warm body that can afford a predator call and the new "coyote calling contests" and all the bad that money brings with it when you combine wildlife, humans and MONEY!!!!!

Can understand the AZ comment and people. Twin brother left the Phoenix area in the late 80's because of the population doubling since he moved there in the late 70's. However, he went to Kalispell, MT and now that area is overrun with people and inflated real estate values. Wished he'd move back home so I would get my best friend and favorite hunting partner back!!!!

Near Spearfish, and I never much cared for Kalispell, I have a very good friend who moved from Phoenix to Anaconda Mt. a few years ago, I visited him awhile ago and
while we were about to go out to breakfast I noticed he was not packing, I asked him WTF, and he said he rarely carried anymore. I was flabbergasted.

Hi,
I was wondering if it would still be possible to get a set of instructions for the vintage Weaver T10?
I look forward to hearing from you,
best regards,
Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcs60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi,
I was wondering if it would still be possible to get a set of instructions for the vintage Weaver T10?
I look forward to hearing from you,
best regards,
Mark </div></div>
I'll scare them up a little later today and send them to you.

I use a Weaver T=10 on my Model 70 300WM 1000 yard rifle. I got it in the mid to late 70s and it still works to day. I've shot it in heat, cold, snow, and drinching rain and never had a problem with it.

I switch it back and forth between the above 300WM and my Model 70 Vietnam Era Sniper Clone.

Sight it in to what ever range you shoot, set the cap on Zero, then you have big numbers and marks on the elevation knob that you can see without your reading glasses, even for my 64 year old eyes.

It's plenty of power for 1000 yard matches but not so much power that the mirage washes out your target. You can see the 3 inch spotters at 1000 but I still use a spotting scope to read conditions.

On my 300 I do use a barrel band to break up the heat coming off the barrel, but you'll have that problem with any scope.

If you want a copy of the instruction manual for the El Paso T-10's, I could email them to you. Or post them here.

Could I please get a copy of the instruction manual for these scopes, as I have several but it is always a fight with the 10 turn parallax adjustment.

Here ya go. I tried to figure out how to resize them. No such luck. You'll have to sort them out . Notice the page numbers on the lower left and right of each one.

Attachments

• T-10.pdf
    677.6 KB · Views: 298
  • T-10-2.pdf
    425.3 KB · Views: 204
  • T-10-3.pdf
    449.6 KB · Views: 242
  • T-10-4.pdf
    448.7 KB · Views: 179
  • T-10-5.pdf
    424.4 KB · Views: 197
  • T-10-6.pdf
    398.4 KB · Views: 198
  • T-10-7.pdf
    278.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Well, crap. Maybe I can't do pdf. I suppose I could email them to you but they are very large files.

I guess I can see them now. Down on the lower left of the screen after you click on one of the "attachments". Adobe reader thing with the file you clicked on is there. I hope that made sense. I'm forever computer illiterate. I think I've reached 1st grade and am forever stuck there. Or maybe my dementia is creeping up on me.

Last edited:
Here ya go. I tried to figure out how to resize them. No such luck. You'll have to sort them out . Notice the page numbers on the lower left and right of each one.

Thank You, I have tried for years to find the manual for these scopes. I sure appreciate it.

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping to get some help on a fair price on two scopes. Both old Weaver scopes, T series, El Paso era, still in boxes and never opened. One is a T16 and the other a T20.
Thank you for any help! Tough to find anything on ebay or online as far as current sales.
I am interested in buying one of these locally and just don't want to over pay.
The T20 seems like overkill as I was really looking for a 3x9 or 4x for my 70's era Remmy 700 or 742 and came across these.

Nick