• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Viper HD 10x42 binoculars

NJRaised

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Port Murray NJ
I acquired a set of brand new viper hd (Gen 2) 10x42 binos.

For those shooting PRS, if I have those mounted a tripod, will that be sufficient for spotting hits/targets at prs matches?

Debating if I should sell and upgrade or if the HDs will fit the bill. I will also be using them to glass for woodchucks/coyotes. I can’t afford multiple pairs of binos

I few years ago when I was looking to change my bins, I had the 10x40 Viper and Razor side by side for over a week, under field conditions and to be honest, optically there was nothing in it.
I choose the Razor because at my age, it would the last binocular I would buy. Nearly everybody on these forums rave about the Swarovski SLC's, so I bought some to compare to the Razors, nothing in that either, my son preferred the Razors, I couldn't make my mind up, the whites on the SLC,s was a tad whiter. If you want to save a few bob, go with the Vipers, excellent pair of bins by any standard..

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
Thats pure foolishness and the Vipers will work fine.

I use a pair without issue for all kinda stuff