• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST 1-4x mil/mil with covered turrets?

J-Ham

Aquamarine Team
Minuteman
  • Sep 21, 2009
    Whitefish, MT
    I was just speaking to Scott over at Vortex, and he said that if there was enough interest in this, they could probably produce it. This would basically be the HS series scope, but in a mil/mil configuration.

So what say you Hide? Am I the only one that thinks this would be the hot set up, or are there others out there?

With Vortex's track record of listening to their customers, I think this has a pretty good shot of being produced if the demand is there.

Re: Viper PST 1-4x mil/mil with covered turrets?

YES!! I'd buy one and recommend it to few friends.
    smile.gif

A custom shop option to change a turret from standard config would be my desire - be it on the PST or HS 1-4. A target turret on top with covered windage for use on a FAL, for me. (The FAL can play hell with anything sticking out over the ejection port.)

Sam has indicated there is nothing on the books for this right now, but in the future things could change.

I would rather have a capped turret scope for my AR; zero it once, and not have to worry about it getting accidently knocked off zero.

Honestly how many times would you use the turrets near the cartrige's limits unless it's a SPR build, and even then I would prefer having a higher magnification than 4x.

Until Vortex offers a capped-turret option, I will consider looking to SWFA, TAC30, or AccuPoint for my next 1-4 AR optic, even though I'd rather have the PST over the others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stungib</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would rather have a capped turret scope for my AR; zero it once, and not have to worry about it getting accidently knocked off zero.

Honestly how many times would you use the turrets near the cartrige's limits unless it's a SPR build, and even then I would prefer having a higher magnification than 4x.

Until Vortex offers a capped-turret option, I will consider looking to SWFA, TAC30, or AccuPoint for my next 1-4 AR optic, even though I'd rather have the PST over the others. </div></div>

PSSSSSST they're way ahead of you...

It's the HS series. Just a capped version of the PST.
    thumbnail_generator.jpg

They make custom turrets for every scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist87122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A custom shop option to change a turret from standard config would be my desire - be it on the PST or HS 1-4. A target turret on top with covered windage for use on a FAL, for me. (The FAL can play hell with anything sticking out over the ejection port.)

Sam has indicated there is nothing on the books for this right now, but in the future things could change. </div></div>

series_rfl_custom_turrets.gif

Well I'll be, I totally missed that.

If it was a snake it would of bit me!

Thanks boone.

Yeah, but you're still going to end up with an MOA scope. Not really that big of a deal, especially if you go to the trouble to get custom turrets made, but not nearly as versatile as MILs as far as I'm concerned.

If my choices are the PST or the HS with custom turrets, I'll choose the PST.

Check out the LR models in the Viper HS line... Capped windage turret with PST like elevation turret. Basically... I want one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: berm shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping for capped mil/mil by the summer... </div></div>

Yea, that would be nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

thumbnail_generator.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist87122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A custom shop option to change a turret from standard config would be my desire - be it on the PST or HS 1-4. A target turret on top with covered windage for use on a FAL, for me. (The FAL can play hell with anything sticking out over the ejection port.)

Sam has indicated there is nothing on the books for this right now, but in the future things could change. </div></div>

</div></div>

Not quite - there is no option for a custom turret on the HS line:
    http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/custom_riflescope_turrets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist87122</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

thumbnail_generator.jpg

</div></div>

Not quite - there is no option for a custom turret on the HS line:
    http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/custom_riflescope_turrets </div></div>There will be custom turrets available for the HS line once the scopes themselves are available.

On the other subject, I could possibly see us offering capped mil turrets as an after market custom type deal, but we really cant even think about doing that kind of thing until the HS line is available and back orders are caught up.

Scott