• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes viper PST vs SWFA 3-15 and 5-20

toxic

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2014
Mansfield, OH
I am looking for a new scope for my .308 Remington 700 sps varmint. I currently have a viper he but even with my 20moa seeking base I only have about 37moa left in the scope. So I'm looking for a scope with plenty of elevation adjustment range. I definitely want a ffp. Basically wondering if the PST is worth it over the SWFA 3-15x42. And if the SWFA 5-20 is worth it over the PST. I'm also open to other scopes too in that price range. I now the SWFA scoop less don't have a zerostop, which I would prefer but it's not a real breaker.

There is no comparison. The SWFA 5-20 is a vastly superior scope when compared to the Vortex Viper PST. It makes more sense to compare it to the Vortex Razor 5-20.

Although I'd personally rather have the Razor over the SWFA, there is a significant price difference between the two.

If I had to choose between the SWFA and a Vortex Viper, even at a $300-400 difference, I'd pick up the SWFA without hesitation.

i was leaning towards the 5-20 also, its just a bit more than i was wanting to spend, but i think i can leverage it.

And the 3-15 stomps the PST as well. The 5-20 is a better scope, but both have performed flawlessly for me. There are zero-stops available for the 3-15 SS from a source outside of SWFA, with SWFA's blessings. Is the 5-20 worth the price over the 3-15? That will have to be answered by your budget. I would suggest getting out to the range and see if you can sneak a look through either of them.

snagged a used swfa 5-20x50hd from forum member ranger413, hopefully it was the right choice. medium height seekins rings, and seekins 20moa base will have enough clearance for this scope right? on an sps varmint

snagged a used swfa 5-20x50hd from forum member ranger413, hopefully it was the right choice. medium height seekins rings, and seekins 20moa base will have enough clearance for this scope right? on an sps varmint

You are going to like it and I run seekins lows and NF med's on my rifles with varmint contour barrels and that scope so you will be fine.

SWFA 3-15 is a steal. Glass is clear and turrets are exceptional. Chose it over the PST, which is also really nice. Dont think you can go wrong with either or the 5-20 for that matter