• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Virgin LC 223/5.56 brass How much to pay?

300WSM

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2004
WI
looking for a few thousand...how much does this stuff go for per 1k and where is a good place to buy it? Thanks.

Re: Virgin LC 223/5.56 brass How much to pay?

I have a 1000 once fired (cleaned and reamed) on the way.... getting it from Top Brass.

Wish I could find some real "virgin" LC.... I have not heard of any available in a long time. All the re-man's scoop it up ASAP from what I hear.

yeah but how much should I pay or what is the going rate?

last summer I bought 10000 and paid .15cents a piece for virgin 08, I see there selling 09 brass now for .21cents at topbrass. Personally I wouldn't pay that much but I will say the 08 was good brass.

so it's still more expensive then say winchester. Is the quality that much better?

LC Quality Vs Winchester. Here is my 2cents. If youre gonna run this stuff through an AR, ya LC is better. It will take a few more full length sizes before you wear em out. And unless I am missing something I don't know where you can get even a 100 pieces of Win/ Rem .223 Virgins for $20.

I paid $125 for my 1000 once fired. So for $12 a 100, its about the best thing going on the "retail" market.

I use Lapua on my bolt .223.

LC would come in second to Lapua IMO.

The last time I saw virgin LC brass was last summer. At that time price was $100 per 500. I thought that was steep but put away 1500 pieces for my 600 yard loads. To find virgin today, I don't think I would want to see the price. Probably 400-500 per k.