• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Virginia Beach Area Gunsmith

CrazyJoe

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Virginia Beach
Can anyone recommend a good smith in VA Beach. I need a bolt knob installed on a doctored up 5R. Would like to keep it local. Thanks CJ

At the risk of suffering the slings and arrows... Not a single tactical rifle smith in SE Virginia? C2 shooters, where do you get your work done?

Your best bet is Antique and Modern Repair, Bob Yurina is the owner. He's on Providence Road just before Indian River, right across from the Elementary school. Small shop, tell him I sent you in there-may help getting in quicker. M/W/F 1130-1730.
Sending PM

Mark

Your best bet is Antique and Modern Repair, Bob Yurina is the owner. He's on Providence Road just before Indian River, right across from the Elementary school. Small shop, tell him I sent you in there-may help getting in quicker. M/W/F 1130-1730.
Sending PM

Mark

Believe it or not he is about the only game in town or Hampton roads for that matter

Thank you gents. I'll give Bob a call. I've heard good things about Clay Spencer too. Will consider him if I have something complicated. CJ

Sadly I am probably responsible for the retiring of probably the best gunsmith in Hampton Roads...he was a nuclear machinist at a local navy yard and a gunsmith on the side...he parkerizing my BHP when he caught fire and ended up in a burn unit...had to retire from both in the end...he did finish my BHP though...last job he ever did...I think he passed away a couple of years ago...Hampton Roads NEEDS and could support a couple of decent smiths...

I used Billy Dale in Richmond to do my Stiller/Bartlein build.
He builds alot of F class Tac rifles for the guys in Richmond.
804-314-6787

Also, not sure if John King is still doing work, he is down near Oceana, no number for him, check phone book.

You'd think with NSW and a couple other local units in the area, a gunsmith versed in tactical firearms could make a fairly decent living there. Just hang a shingle out on E. Little Creek Rd. somewhere near JEB Little Creek... Just saying (was there just yesterday actually)...

By Far the Best Gunsmith on the East Coast

Hands down, Mark's Gunsmithing in Northern Suffolk near JFCOM. I would bet my life on anything that he works on. Great guy too. If you go to him you will be doing yourself a favor. His motto use to be "Fixed guns repaired" That is exactly how I met him. When I first came to the area, I brought two weapons to one "prominent gunsmith" located in a gunshop in Va Beach, and he wrecked my 1911, I had a problem with a 226 later on, brought it to another "competent" guy in Va Beach, same result, gun wrecked. I brought my 1911 to Mark's Gunsmithing, came back a new gun, really, I almost didn't recognize that it was mine it looked so good. Ever since then (10 years now) he is the ONLY guy I will do business with and the only person I would ever recommend. I have seen this guy preform miracles on firearms. . Agencies have no problems giving him their guns to be worked on. God gave this guy a gift, hands down. Do what you want, I am sure there are other good guys out there, but Mark's Gunsmithing has my business, no matter what my coordinates are on the planet.