• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Virginia Concealed Carry: Online course

Re: Virginia Concealed Carry: Online course

Yup my brother just did this Sunday night. I told him to take the online course and spend the rest of what he would have spent on an in person class, on ammo. After he buys the ammo, I'm going to show him how to shoot and give him the hands on he wouldn't get in a class.

Sounds good to me!
I am not a fan of requiring any otherwise-uncompromised adult to demonstrate anything before being allowed to carry concealed, but I do think that training is a good thing.

I took a face-face class when I got my CCW 9 years ago, and got a lot out of it.
The instructor spent time discussing recent firearm-use cases/outcomes and the lessons were invaluable to me.
He brought up many situations I had never considered and may have saved me a brandishing charge in the years since. He taught us that the courts can be damned particular when judging how you employ that weapon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds good to me!
I am not a fan of requiring any otherwise-uncompromised adult to demonstrate anything before being allowed to carry concealed, but I do think that training is a good thing.

I took a face-face class when I got my CCW 9 years ago, and got a lot out of it.
The instructor spent time discussing recent firearm-use cases/outcomes and the lessons were invaluable to me.
He brought up many situations I had never considered and may have saved me a brandishing charge in the years since. He taught us that the courts can be damned particular when judging how you employ that weapon. </div></div>

FYI also, if you have taken a hunters safety course and have your certificate, then that qualifies too(Speaking of which I need to find where I put my cert..
confused.gif
)

Do you do VA-DCJS firearms training?
My DCJS registration trumps my CCW when on duty; would like to rectify that.

yeah, I'm still not a fan of online CCW class. I've had two friends do them online and myself and a few other friends took the course A&P and another at Bob's (in Norfolk). Those who took in person classes knew a lot more from classroom discussion of cases and real world issues.

The shooting portion was a joke though. You basically had to hit the broad sign of a barn. 18" diameter target at 7 yards and 10 rounds...someone actually failed on their first try though lol