• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VirusBarrier WEBTHREAT WARNING ON SH WEB PAGE

m1match

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2003
Western US
My antivirus/webthreat software is giving me the following warning:

"VirusBarrier detected that the application "WebProcess" is downloading a Web Threat ("Known web page"). Web Threats use security breaches of Internet applications to take control of your computer."

Is anyone else getting warnings, and has someone hacked the SH site?

Re: VirusBarrier WEBTHREAT WARNING ON SH WEB PAGE

Just got it as well, using Firefox 14.0.1 with latest edition of Norton. This is what Norton said:

IPS Alert Name: Web Attack: Exploit Toolkit Website 15
Default Action: None
Action Taken: None
Attacking Computer: betterthandiamond.com (69.10.135.123, 80)
Attacker URL: betterthandiamond.com/addons/usa/index.html
Source Address: 69.10.135.123 (69.10.135.123)
Traffic Description: TCP, www-http

Network traffic from betterthandiamond.com/addons/usa/index.html matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE.

Says it was blocked, only thing I am seeing different is the shoutbox is not showing up. I am out and will be back later.

cool. I am still not seeing the shoutbox though. chrome works fine though.

Yeah I see the same "lack" of shoutbox on Firefox 15.0.1

Yet my Safari works fine.

As for the "WebThreat" - that appears to be gone now ( I found an iframe in the footer and used it as target practice - virtually speaking ) :)

-Michael

Okay, just updated firefox to 15.0.1 and still no shoutbox. thanks for getting rid of the threat.

Thanks, my VirusBarrier is quiet now.

I have the latest version of firefox, on a Mac, running AVG anti-virus. I have no problem, and full use of the shoutbox.