• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vision Chassis?

RaptorAddict

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2020
Simi Valley, California
Can anyone shed some light on the Vision Chassis's? I've looked at Cadex, KRG and now I see Vision. Only a select few make chassis's for the Sako TRG, so I'm limited. But the Vision has caught my interest recently.

Can anyone shed some light on the Vision Chassis's? I've looked at Cadex, KRG and now I see Vision. Only a select few make chassis's for the Sako TRG, so I'm limited. But the Vision has caught my interest recently.
We have two of them, one with the standard and one with the competition frontend. Both on Sauer 200 (ssg3000 ish).

What do you want to know?

Last edited:
How do you like them? Quality? Comparison to others you might have had in the past? Hard to make a decision. LOL!
For the STR they are a bit back heavy so I use a decent amount of weights to balance it. About 2/3 of total weight capacity. I suspect the balance point on the trg may be a bit better, but personally I would still get the competition foreend and some internal and external weights. The threads are not what I would call precision machining but I am happy with mine. Folding mechanism is very solid. We have an Impact in an ACC also and I may like some of the details on the ACC a little more, but all in all they are pretty similar.
I have not tried the TRG variant.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaptorAddict
For the STR they are a bit back heavy so I use a decent amount of weights to balance it. About 2/3 of total weight capacity. I suspect the balance point on the trg may be a bit better, but personally I would still get the competition foreend and some internal and external weights. The threads are not what I would call precision machining but I am happy with mine. Folding mechanism is very solid. We have an Impact in an ACC also and I may like some of the details on the ACC a little more, but all in all they are pretty similar.
I have not tried the TRG variant.
This helps a lot. Thanks for the details!

I have the Vision front handguard for my TRG, not the full chassis. The front handguard is an excellent unit that is a plug and play replacement for the original. Fit and finish are perfect. I love the full length integrated ARCA rail and barricade stop. Supposedly it allows you to use Tikka CTR mags in the TRG but I have not tried it. At any rate, they make a really nice product and if their full chassis is as nice as their front handguard, it'll be a sweet piece of kit.

Reactions: Hegre
One thing to consider, if you cannot easily find metric screws, make sure they include both longer and shorter screws than those supplied for the LOP spacers.

Here in the US metric screws are widely available in hardware stores unless one lives in the middle of nowhere. And if so they are a few clicks and a few days away from McMaster-Carr.

I have one and the only metric screws are for the chassis itself, the action screws are standard. For balance with my 6GT I only had to use 4 weights on each side. as far as fit, finish. I would say its among the best in the industry. I really like the thumb rest and the only other thing i did to mine was change out the grip for an Ergo grip.

IMG_4846.JPG

Reactions: The_vision and czim